FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > LED Shown as Pixelated blob (Skull not responding either)

RSS >  LED Shown as Pixelated blob (Skull not responding either), Tearin my hair out
Ghostryder316 #1 17/03/2010 - 17h02

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 17/03/2010

Off line

Hey guys first things first
AMD Athalon +3200
2gig ram
good size maxtor HD
Windows XP
Nvidia Geforce 7600GS
Webcam used : Logitech Quickcam messenger
(IR filter removed, 3.5" floppy film over lens)

Hey guys just set up my cam and my points model. I wanted to test it per viper3two's reccomendation w/ a tv remote in 1LED model. I do have a Tv remote that is a constant on ir no pulsating. However it seems to show up as a large pixelated blob and its either a bunch of crosshairs bouncing all over the place or maybe just one jumping all over around in this pixelated blob rapidly. You'll also notice in the screens I took the indicator for how many points im using in the bottom right corner is maxed out w/ red dots and i'm only using a single LED IR. The skull doesnt seem to react very good if at all to this. Seems like its failing to get a good read on the IR of the tv remote or something. I've messed w/ unchecking auto exposure and modifying sliders and the threshold. However like the second pic shows the blob eventually fades out but the crosshair still bounces and pulsates all over the place. I've included screens. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
Posted Image

This one is almost where the blob goes away yet the crosshairs still bounce around sporatically.
Posted Image
Edited by Ghostryder316 on 17/03/2010 at 17h39.
buccaneer #2 29/03/2010 - 14h02

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 14/03/2010

Off line

Several thoughts about the subject...
(assuming you are not testing IR LED at point-blank range to webcam)

Check webcam's output picture with software other then FT (preferably without floppy filter). Play with Brightness/Contrast settings of webcam - you should aim to have LED light be brightest spot on the picture and black objects should look black
(heavily screwed brightness/contrast settings can make LED light blend into background with overall grayish picture). Test again with floppy filter - LED is bright, the rest is faded to black.
Also if your cam supports manual focus - make it a small bit out of focus, it will help with suppressing small optical artifacts and FT will be smoother.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > LED Shown as Pixelated blob (Skull not responding either)

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).