FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  wii remote does not see the LED's, Please help!!
mardi1 #1 08/03/2010 - 16h19

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 08/03/2010

Off line

I have recently built a 3 point cap system, which when my webcam works, is not bad. Due to the problems with the camera itself though, i decided to purchase a wii remote, coupled with bluesoil for win 7. However, when i run freetrack and click start, the wii remote does not seem to pick up 'any' light sources. I have tried altering the threshold, and occasionally it picks up a tiny glimpse of the led's, but only briefly before disappearing again. I am at a complete loss as to why this is, and have searched various topics on this forum but cannot seem to find a solution. can someone please enlighten me as to why this may be?
theangrygimp #2 10/03/2010 - 04h42

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 28/02/2010

Off line

Make sure that you have enough voltage to your IR LED's first, the handbook is great for that. Another thing that it might be is your LED's might be the kind that projects a very narrow beam, instead of a fat one. I've seen a method of filing down the led's to cause the light to be projected in more directions at once, but not sure if this is right for you. Try using the program "Wii Pesenter" to see how it views your led's, and also take into consideration the slight loss of current through really long wires rather than short ones. Hope one of those suggestions helps.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).