FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > FreeTrack stopped working with DCS:BlackShark

RSS >  FreeTrack stopped working with DCS:BlackShark
ghooky #1 27/02/2010 - 17h11

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 27/02/2010

Off line

Hi everyone,

I used to be able to run DCS: Black Shark together with FreeTrack just fine using a WIImote and a 3pt Cap Model. Recently I installed IL-2 1946 and was not able to get it to work with FreeTrack (not even with 2DOF). Trying to solve that problem I installed the TrackIR4-Software as recommended somewhere on the glorious WWW.

Now, I can't get any of my games to recognize FreeTrack anymore. IL-2 never worked and still doesn't. Black Shark worked perfectly, but now it doesn't anymore. In the FreeTrack software my head movement is detected quite     satisfactorily. I uninstalled TrackIR4, I reinstalled FreeTrack several times taking care to entirely wipe the directory. I tried several combinations of switching on and off FreeTrack interface and TrackIR interface in the FreeTrack software.

I even tried copying back the old NewInput.dll in BlackShark and patching it again --- with no success.

I would greatly appreciate any advice and help on this matter. I would love to get IL-2 to run with FreeTrack but more importantly I would like to be able to play Black Shark again the only fun way: WITH FreeTrack.

Oh btw, I am running Freetrack 2.2.0.279 on a Windows 7 64bit System.

-- ghooky
ghooky #2 02/03/2010 - 20h04

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 27/02/2010

Off line

Success!!

Everything works fine now. After a lot of uninstalling and reinstalling I found this thread.

My problem was that
*Check your registry: Start -> Run -> regedit and look for:

Software\NaturalPoint\NaturalPoint\NPClient Location

and check that the 'Path' points to your Freetrack install directory.
did not point to the free-track installation directory.

Just in case someone might stumble over a similar problem  :blink:

Happy again,
ghooky  ;D
Edited by ghooky on 02/03/2010 at 20h05.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > FreeTrack stopped working with DCS:BlackShark

>  Stats

2 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 2 guest(s)).