FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  6DOF not working il2
simcoles #1 22/01/2010 - 09h53

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 22/01/2010

Off line

Hi all,

I have got freetrack up and running with somewhat success;  I can look up and down, left and right, but not forwards and backwards.

I have used different versions of il2 1946 from version 4.08 to Ultra Pack 2.0 but no success.

The movement works correctly on the freetrack screen but not in the game.

Is there a config file or something that I need to alter.

trackIR is set to 1 in the config file.

Hope u can help
gonzo #2 22/01/2010 - 11h44

Registered on : 17/08/2008

Off line

hi,

i think you had to press something like shift f1 in game to activate it. i posted it on the skies of fire forums once, but unfortuantely it was hacked so the answer isnt there anymore after the restart of the site. hope that helps a bit

see you in the skies (iam flying on sof and sov under the nick bonsai ^^)
nadrealista #3 22/01/2010 - 12h22

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 13/01/2010

Off line

In UltraPack2.0 you have to activate mod through JGSME (installed in root directory of Il-2). Namely, it is 00_6DOF_Tracker_2_0_sHr. Once activated it should work unless you are in 'Gun sight' mode. It is deliberately set that way to allow precise aiming.

Basically, it change UltraPack's il2fb.exe for patched one.

I saw SHIFT+F1 tip elsewhere. But... unless 6DOF mod is activated, it's no good.

:)
simcoles #4 25/01/2010 - 08h45

Registered on : 22/01/2010

Off line

Many thanks for reply.

The reason it wasn't working was that I did have it in gunsight mode.  Shift f1 solved the problem.

However it seems to be very sensitive which causes the screen to flicker constantly.

What settings do I need to change to get a smoother experience?
nadrealista #5 25/01/2010 - 11h26

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 13/01/2010

Off line

If your real head movements are exaggerated you should try lower sensitivity under Il-2 profile.

If flicker means that view shivering then you can try with 'medium soft' settings under 'Curves' tab (right click on graph - soft - medium soft). Then, you can copy settings to other curves or try with different settings.

:)

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).