FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Windows 7 stack and Wiimote
Rajveer #1 15/01/2010 - 21h38

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 29/08/2007

Off line

Is Freetrack compatible with the default Windows 7 bluetooth stack? All other Wii apps work, however Freetrack sees the remote and doesn't let me select Start (it's greyed out). Any tips?
MIK3K #2 16/01/2010 - 00h50

Registered on : 10/01/2010

Off line

Please see the "wiimote and FreeTrack problems" topic below for my experience with this - although I use Win XP.

Good luck with this.
Rajveer #3 16/01/2010 - 16h29

Registered on : 29/08/2007

Off line

Cheers, ended up installing BlueSoleil which works fine. Guess the Win7 stack isn't supported yet.
hunoz #4 23/02/2010 - 16h27

Registered on : 07/02/2010

Off line

hello, unfortunately, i have the exact same problem.
im running win7 64bit on a macbook pro, everything great so far.
BUT: i am NOT willing to install that BlueSoleil bullshit again. i really hate that piece of software, whenever i tried it on different machines, it gave me crap. actually i went through modifing bluesoleil so that it works with the apple bluetooth device but the performance is really bad. on bluesoleil my BT keyboard takes at least 5seconds to react, not to talk about the disconnection every 10mins. that not beeing enough, bluesoleil leads to bluescreens on a regular basis.
but although i was really disapointed with BS (again), it showed me how sweet the freetrack software can do its job.
back to the win7 stack, freetrack recognizes the wiimote but doesn´t let me start the tracking. i have the HID service enabled on the wiimote of course.
glovepie on the other hand uses the wiimote over the same connection without any issues. (i tried around with some 6dof HT script but turned away from it because freetrack is just much easier and more user friendly)

this appears to me like a relatively easy-to-fix issue, although i have not the slightest clue where to start looking. i understand that freetrack is no longer being developed. but i think that it cannot stand, that the wiimote (finally!) connects to the windows stack without issues while freetrack can´t make use of that.

so please post your experiences and ideas what the problem could be here so we can hopefully work out something collectively.
max

edit: where can i find the SDK? i doubt ill find anything in there but i´d give it a shot. thx
Edited by hunoz on 24/02/2010 at 18h08.
mimix #5 04/04/2010 - 18h27

Registered on : 04/04/2010

Off line

hi ! i have the same problem.

i have test bluesoleil . that's work but it's an evaluation version and it's limited to 2MB of data transfert... after that the link is closed.

i haven't found a solution for this problem . my start button is always in grey.

(i'm on win 7 64bits)

for the moment, i don't want buy bluesoleil. 35€ for serial and damii is too expensive !
MudRat02 #6 07/09/2010 - 01h03

Registered on : 07/09/2010

Off line

Has anyone had any luck with this problem yet?

I got Freetrack / Wiimote working easily on XP, but on Windows 7 the start button remains greyed out.  My Wiimote/Bluetooth combo works fine on everything else.
spaceinvader #7 08/09/2010 - 16h09

Registered on : 25/08/2010

Off line Www

I am having the same problem as MudRat above, Win7 64 bit, genuine wiimote, The start is greyed out. BlueSoleil was an option until i saw the price and it is not available from 'other sources'.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).