FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > FT only tracks the bottom 1/4th of my input

RSS >  FT only tracks the bottom 1/4th of my input, I've tried many things
MehMan #1 09/12/2009 - 23h45

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 09/12/2009

Off line

I've built my rig using a sony PS 3 eye due to it's ability for high res and high framerate capture and a 3 point clip. I didn't remove the IR filter, but simply used a visible light filter as it preforms the task well enough. The IR LEDs are well lit and visible, etc etc. It's all fine up until I run FT and want to setup freetrack. FT only recognizes the bottom 1/4 of the input and ignores the rest:

Posted Image

The problem is almost identical to the one the OP has in this topic:

http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=1474

I've tried all the solutions in that topic and this topic:

http://www.free-track.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1352

None of them work. I've tried reinstalling an older version of FT but that didn't help too. Dx is up to date. What else could help?

I'm using Winxp64, Ati Hd4870(on 9.11 drivers), and I am using the CCCP codec pack, if that has any effect.

help?
Edited by MehMan on 09/12/2009 at 23h49.
MehMan #2 11/12/2009 - 19h28

Off line

Anybody?
vicinity #3 13/12/2009 - 07h57

Registered on : 05/10/2009

Off line

I'd say borrow a (or get a cheap) webcam to test it with that. At least that way you'll know whether it's software or harware related.
Zaphod #4 13/12/2009 - 08h19

Registered on : 29/04/2009

Off line

Try different codecs, like I420, RGB32 etc and if that fails maybe try a different driver.
MehMan #5 16/12/2009 - 20h20

Off line

Righto, a bit of an update I suppose. I've tried my solution on a 32 bit system with winxp, I use XP64. There my setup with a ps3 eye cam works. It tracks the whole input and even better, works great! But it only works in 640x480 and 30FPS. I've found that it only works with the 2.0b81019 drivers and no other. That's with FT 2.2. Now it might've been hardware or just the OS, but it's hard to test. I'd need a Virtual PC like application where it can use USB ports. Only the latest virtual PC that only works on W7 uses USB ports, grrr.
More testing ahead!
MehMan #6 19/12/2009 - 19h30

Off line

I'm going to shit my pants. I've got it working! I've been installing my drivers incorrectly GAH! I relied on windows to install my latest drivers, and they ofcourse mucked up, as they didn't use the alexp drivers that I freshly installed, but the much newer ones. ofcourse, that led to a lot of trouble etc etc. After I manually selected which drivers to install it started working. That's with the default alexp drivers and not some 3rd party ones.
The DLL in 2.0b81019 is a virus supposedly. And thus I can use it if I exclude it in nod32 BUT I'm not very comfortable doing that... So I need a proper solution.
HOWEVER, now that I do have it working I see that there's still a ton of work ahead of me.
1.The LEDs are visible, but sometimes mess with freetrack. First thing I'm going to do is put a smaller resisitor in the circuit and build a better rig. This one has flaws. Plastic and boiling water it is. If that fails, I'll remove the IR filter.
2. FT wants to capture in 640x480 only. Doesn't want to support any other resolutions. It does capture at 640x480 @ 60 FPS, so we'll see how that works out. The problem with an increase in FPS is the decrease in image quality.

Well, I'll see how this works once I have it all setup.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > FT only tracks the bottom 1/4th of my input

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).