FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > cockpit zoom too much in fs9

RSS >  cockpit zoom too much in fs9
markbond #1 28/11/2009 - 19h08

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 28/11/2009

Off line

Just built my 3 point clip and tried it is fs9.  All works but the only problem is that sat normally in front of my PC the cockpit is zoomed in too much.  I have to move back about 1 to 1.5 m to get a good view.  I cannot use the normal zoom keys to zoom back. Is there a simple way to have the defaul zoom level of the cockpit view set to something like 0.5 and then have the head track zoom move in and out off that?  I cannot see any of the instruments as its just zoomed right in on the top of the dashboad.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark
schermvlieger #2 30/11/2009 - 22h16

Registered on : 19/08/2009

Off line

Hi Mark,

I was having exactly the same problem and an easy way to resolve it was to place the camera further back to create some distance. After that, no more problems.

Alternatively you can adjust (size up) the dimensions of your model in FT to make it believe that you are further away from the camera. I have not tried that myself but I see no reason why it should not work.

Hope you'll get it to work the way you want it.
Sandor
markbond #3 06/12/2009 - 09h02

Registered on : 28/11/2009

Off line

thanks for the advice.  Is there no other way to get around it?  i.e. in fs2004?  I tried saving the defaul flighjt with the vc zoom at about 0.3 (without freetrack enabled) but when I start FT it snaps back to full zoom.

Will try adjusting my cap dimensions.  Will this be saved in a profile?
Hobie #4 07/12/2009 - 09h59

Registered on : 07/12/2009

Off line

Hi!

Here´s the workaround I´m using to fix this problem:

I defined a key to center the system (normally the "Space-bar" is used to center the view in FS9 VC, so I used this command for centering Freetrack too).

I bend forward, until my head is about 40cm away from the screen, then I center the view. Now leaning back to my "normal" position I´m comfortable with this solution.

Happy flying,

Hobie

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > cockpit zoom too much in fs9

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).