FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Free track has encountered a problem and needs to close

RSS >  Free track has encountered a problem and needs to close
mrcirrus #1 09/11/2009 - 11h51

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 02/11/2009

Off line

Several people seem to have to have this problem (including me). Be good to trouble shoot it and find a solution. It occurs after i select my webcam as the source then click start

So far I have

1 Added the extra d3dx9 file to my system32 folder

2 Ran a diagnostic check of directx 9c by typing dxdiag into my command prompt. This passed all tests

3 Checked that i have a working web cam image

4 Tried adjusting camera settings

5 checked computer spec - Pentium4 32 (X86=32byte) XP SP3

6 Checked that my 3 point cap was selected

Still the same problem!!

Please tell me what else I can check, i'm desperate to get this excellent software working and have used the instrucions to successfully build my IR 3 point cap. I'm nearly there,
Somebody please help me i'm going insane :lol:

Looking through the forum i noticed someone had used the stream button and it had stopped the system working. I played with the stream button and it had the opposite effect! it got the system working, i changed the colourspace compression and hey presto, not really sure what the colour space compression is all about but changing it seemed to work, and strangely enough it know works on any of these settings!! I'm a happy chap now :p
Edited by mrcirrus on 09/11/2009 at 12h56.
pirate #2 12/11/2009 - 04h18

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 22/10/2009

Off line

I share your problem...mine actually closes even before it boots up.

Does your actually start up then close?

I have tried the previous version and it kind of works

Does your test program start up correctly?

I am not very smart but am happy to share ideas with you.

Another thing I did was to run a trace on the boot up...this program ran for 15 minutes in what appeared to be a loop before I stopped it.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Free track has encountered a problem and needs to close

>  Stats

2 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 2 guest(s)).