FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > FreeTrack.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

RSS >  FreeTrack.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
pirate #1 22/10/2009 - 12h53

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 22/10/2009

Off line

Hi All,

I have a problem. Running

Dell 1730M dual core and dual 8800GTX cards not in SLI and keep getting this error message:

"FreeTrack.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. I have also read through all 28 pages in the forums and tried everything that even vaguely looked like it may have been the cause like ensuring that my up to date DivX was updated...looked for the file in Hi-Key etc etc etc but nothing.

I have run both malware and ant virus and all came back clean.

Couple of things that a friend found included:

1.2.2 incorrect header check. unknown compression method. Invalid window size ....continued...

Please help anyone...I have a camera modified and seems to work - I can see the IR dots.  The Free Track Test program seems to run but no readings come up e.g. Dll Loaded: FALSE version and program name are not loaded.

I have noticed this isn't the best forum for replies but I am wondering how popular it could be if these issues were helped along.

Thanks in advance

Pirate

PS This error occurs when I run two monitors and on the computers monitor
Edited by pirate on 30/10/2009 at 02h53.
pirate #2 23/10/2009 - 03h11

Off line

Obviously nobody has a solution...stumped again.

Does anyone have access to the files and .dll's needed and a list of the files needed...maybe I can manually load them up one by one?

How can I check that the Installer got it right?
pirate #3 23/10/2009 - 15h18

Off line

I read through the error report and there are all sorts of references to a guy from the past. Also errors in setting width etc...

I then tried to load 2.1. This worked until I hooked up the camera where I got the same errors others have gotten regarding that...but the program loaded successfully.

I then tried yet again to load 2.2...NO LUCK SAME ERROR.

Please help getting desperate - I am sure it is something noobish but I am a dumb Aussie.

Pirate
TheProfessional #4 24/10/2009 - 03h13

Registered on : 23/10/2009

Off line

Sorry buddy, I have no clue... I have vista 64 and it does crash sometimes.. maybe try running as admin?? I'm stumped on my wiimote problem too, I can get it connected and use it as a mouse and it shows up in freetrack but the start button is greyed out.
pirate #5 24/10/2009 - 04h12

Off line

Hey Professional,
I seem to recall something about that in the pages here..I know there are 20 odd pages but that does ring a bell for me...just painstaking to read through it all.

From memory it wasn't in the title of the post but as an add on to another message.

Thanks for taking a look.

Pirate
schermvlieger #6 29/10/2009 - 22h59

Registered on : 19/08/2009

Off line

I had some stability problems that look like yours in the beginning as well Pirate.

What I think may help is if you start up Freetrack you immediately go to the model page and set everything up there, before starting the tracking. It may help to quit and restart FT after you set up your model.

Then make sure that you selected the correct source (default is "demo video" on my system) to the webcam that you intent to use. Only then start the tracking.

This is what helped me to get rid of the constant crashing. I hope you have the same experience!

Sandor
Edited by schermvlieger on 29/10/2009 at 23h00.
pirate #7 30/10/2009 - 01h53

Off line

Thanks Apprenti,

My crash actually happens even before I can get into any opening screen.  I like the way you solved your though.  Another thing I have tried is to totally disconnect the camera before starting up the software.

For anyone smart people out thee who like a challenge, I have also checked all the drivers. They are up to date but this doesn't mean that there isn't a conflict.

The thing that always stands out with me is that when I try to start up the "Test Mode" it says that a .DLL has not loaded...the installation says it is complete though.

I have also since the last several posts done another full scan with malwarebytes and avg also ran a hijack this log.  I am rusty when it comes to Hijack this but it seemed clear enough.

I have everything I need in terms of hardware....just can't make it work for me

Please help a man with one leg and one eye.

Pirate

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > FreeTrack.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).