FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Emulation keyboard: analogic?
rogermorse #1 06/10/2009 - 15h57

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 11/05/2008

Off line

Hello. As I did in GRID before the official track IR support with patch 1.2, I want to emulate something to have a 2DOF trackIR support in NFS shift.

The only way to control the head movement in shift is the right stick of the gamepad, or the 2 4 6 8 number of the numpad on the keyboard.

There is no way to CONFIG those movements in the game, I have read the whole .xml config file in the shift folder, and it is also impossible to config a device with the movement 'right', for instance....

That is, I have to use some emulation on the numpad. I tried with the output on the freetrack profile....but the result is not smooth, because freetrack detects the head movement, and it emulates a digital input (a key), so I cannot have a smooth tracking.

Is there a way to use the keyboard output in freetrack as an analog output?

If someone can understand how to edit the .xml of the input in NFS shift with a analog device, please tell me.

I tried to edit an .xml and try to put the two axis of the mouse as the axis of right-left and up-down (as i said there is no possibility in the .xml to bind one key per direction, but only per axis)....but i couldn't understand the device index number and also the input index.

I really would like freetrack 2DOF in NFS shift....and i'm sure they are not releasing a patch as codemaster did for GRID.

see you.
rogermorse #2 06/10/2009 - 16h01

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 11/05/2008

Off line

I forgot: PP virtual joystick doesn't work in vista....and anyway, I would not be able to bind a key for the virtual joystick, as shift doesn't allow to bind a single key for the head movement in the cockpit view.
Salvaje9 #3 15/10/2009 - 17h22

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 13/10/2009

Off line

Roger How did you get the Freetrack keyboard output to work? I haven't been able too.
benmeijer #4 15/10/2009 - 22h35

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 19/07/2008

Off line

read this topic: http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=2046

start freetrack
start nfsscc (select trackir)
start NFS shift

6DOF support!
Salvaje9 #5 17/10/2009 - 14h18

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 13/10/2009

Off line

Thanks for your help Benmeijer

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).