FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > TrackClip Pro + Freetrack 2.2 help

RSS >  TrackClip Pro + Freetrack 2.2 help
bushpilot223 #1 17/07/2009 - 21h14

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 17/07/2009

Off line

Hello guys,

I am having a bit of trouble with my TrackClip Pro + Freetrack 2.2

The problem that I am running in to is that when I move my head it also is moving other axes, the virtual view is moving unlike my actual head. For example, I rotate my head to the left and the virtual view goes backward, tilts left, and rotates left all at the same time.

I have a feeling I just need to correctly configure some options because I have read other people's experiences with the TrackClip Pro and they say it works great with no problems.

I have the TrackClip Pro on the left side of my headset. My webcam (Microsoft VX-1000) is directly in line with it. I have tried different positioning of the webcam with no success.

So, how should I go about fixing this issue?

Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More info:
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Microsoft VX-1000 0.31mp ~30fps webcam
TrackClip Pro 3 Point IR-LED
FreeTrack 2.2
bushpilot223 #2 20/07/2009 - 07h56

Off line

bump
Jorge.PT #3 20/07/2009 - 10h52

Registered on : 29/03/2009

Off line

I know that are some threads about using the trackclip pro, but you have to search for them...

My suggestion is that, instead of putting the webcam in your front, try to put it obliquely to you, facing the trackclip.

Best regards,

Jorge.
bushpilot223 #4 22/07/2009 - 14h18

Off line

I have found something in the forums that has helped a lot with the issue and it is almost not even there now. It works almost perfectly.

If anyone is having problems like I described above, go into FreeTrack, go to the Model tab, and change the measurements to this:

thanks to ginkgo for that post.
vietkyle #5 28/04/2010 - 07h49

Registered on : 27/04/2010

Off line

bushpilot223 @ 22/07/2009 - 16h18 a dit:

I have found something in the forums that has helped a lot with the issue and it is almost not even there now. It works almost perfectly.

If anyone is having problems like I described above, go into FreeTrack, go to the Model tab, and change the measurements to this:

thanks to ginkgo for that post.

LIFE SAVER!!!!!

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > TrackClip Pro + Freetrack 2.2 help

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).