FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Bluescreen, after connecting it dies
LKmedia #1 03/07/2009 - 16h18

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 03/07/2009

Off line

Hi.
The situation is as follows:

I run FreeTrack - no Problem - everything working so far.
I run an app like Live for Speed or Flight Simulator 2004 - also no Problem.

Now I start the tracking process inside FreeTrack and when I switch back to the game app the system crahes and the sound becomes one constant beep while the screen still runs normal. If I toggle the sound off and on the beep turns off and on too. Now If I attempt to close down FreeTrack the systems dies and gives me a bluescreen...

K, does anybody know that prob and got a ideea how to fix it?
fzfq3m #2 04/07/2009 - 14h39

Registered on : 15/06/2009

Off line

it sounds to me like a sound card driver problem... once I owned a Intel destop board wich had a SoundMax Cadenza integrated sound card and sometimes i got bluescreens when playing games... the problem was (in my case) that i was using Intel's High Definition Audio driver instead of Realtek's one...

BTW you mention that you start tracking and then switch back to the game... try starting fretrack tracking before launching your game app..

an also be sure to get all your drivers up to date (Graphic Card, Sound, Webcam, Etc) and specially get the lattest directx version for your O.S

Hope helps
Edited by fzfq3m on 04/07/2009 at 14h42.
LKmedia #3 05/07/2009 - 21h36

Off line

I updated the drivers for GPU and sound card. Motherboard driver update wont finish and is ending with an error message ("access denied").

The problem remains... :snif:
This is very similar to a bluescreen crash that occured a while ago when I was just starting a video chat session via Skype. (camera related again? O_o). That problem vannished though without me doing anything...

I use a DV-camcorder connected via firewire.
What could I do wrong?
fzfq3m #4 06/07/2009 - 21h22

Off line

Could be anything  :blink:

write down and post the stop code that appears on that blue screen

it looks something like this STOP 0X00000 ERROR XYZ
may be microsoft technet has something about the error
LKmedia #5 07/07/2009 - 14h49

Off line

So, you say I can send that code somewhere to let it be analyzed?
I'll try to find some info on the web...

That code btw reads as follows:

STOP: 0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0x80546E70, 0xB2000000, 0x00070F0F)

Goodness, I so hope there will be a fix in the next release of FreeTrack. Can't be that I find this kicking program and I cannot use it cause it's the only app on my PC that provokes bluescreens. :(
fzfq3m #6 08/07/2009 - 19h31

Off line

BTW did you update to lattest Directx?? also update your camcoder driver and your motherboard chipset drivers...

check this out
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329284/en

There isn't any suggestion from Microsoft Support.  :unsure:
So the best thing i can recommend is to perform some harware testing before trying anything...

The following are just recommendations to ensure your system is running stable and will not solve your problem..

to start, run some memory diagnoctics, you can use Windows Vista build in or use this one
http://www.memtest.org/#downiso (just download prebuild iso, burn it an boot with that cd)

next, perform some stress test on your hardware but before that Ensure that your PC cooling system is working (fan coolers, water cooling or any other... the stress test will push your system to its limits and it will become really hot quickly.. if your cooling system isn't working then heat damage can occur

you can use SuperPI or Prime95 for that... http://mersenneforum.org/gimps/p95v259.zip. Select "Just Stress Testing" and then "Small FTTs"... if during the test one worker stop or your pc get frozen then you got a hardware problem.... run for about 20min and then if all goes fine then you can perform the another two stress tests (In-place lage FFT and Blend)

During test you can use something like HWMonitor to keep an eye on system temperatures... http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php
LKmedia #7 08/07/2009 - 21h04

Off line

Wow, I thank you for these guides lines. Will have a detailed look at it soon. In the meantime I could grab a regular USB-Webcam and all in all this actually seems to be working almost stable. Though the movement gets bulky inside the game apps but the main thing is:
Firewire video connections appear to be deadly for FreeTrack - Caution.

So thanks again. See you around.
LKmedia

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).