FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  yaw creates movement along Y
MamiyaOtaru #1 20/05/2009 - 02h30

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 20/05/2009

Off line

It's like FreeTrack doesn't know that the three point clip is on the side of my head instead of the middle.

Turning left moves the LEDs farther from the camera, so the bottom LED is more toward the middle of the camera's FOV (vertically speaking), while turning right brings the LEDs closer, so the bottom LED is closer to the bottom of the cameras FOV.  Turning left creates positive Y, turning right creates negative Y.

Illustration with screencaps below:

Posted Image
babasior #2 20/05/2009 - 08h27

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

Try to change dimesions of your model in freetrack software ...
And if the default is too big, try to change a little your model dimensions !

You can adjust curves too ... (it can be an help ... Look axis valus to see if they move when you don't move ... See in manual how to do that ...)

I have had this kind of problem with FreeTrack 2.1.x, and i have resolved it with this answer !

good luck !

3 dots clip is the more difficult model to tweak ! (3 dots cap is more easy ...)
MamiyaOtaru #3 30/05/2009 - 06h21

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 20/05/2009

Off line

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I'm certainly not above tweaking settings, and I'll be doing so.  I'm still not sure if it is a problem to have the Track Clip Pro, with its three LEDs that are not in a vertical line.  In model dimensions I see no way to indicate their distance from each other in the X plane.  Is that an issue?

Still though, turning left will always make the dots go up, and turning right will always make them go down (as one can see from the diagram) and it doesn;t look like free track handles that.  If I can prove myself wrong with tweaking the dimensions, then awesome :)
babasior #4 30/05/2009 - 11h26

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

Warning :

webcam and tracking model must be on the same "plane - axis - (plan en français - i think my english translation is not the best  :gene: ) ", for best tracking, it's important !

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).