FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > VX-3000 - 3 Point IR LED Hat Problems

RSS >  VX-3000 - 3 Point IR LED Hat Problems
Cru #1 30/01/2009 - 06h30

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 30/01/2009

Off line

I was hoping someone could help me... I am new to freetrack and I have having a strange problem. First things first.. here is what I have.

VX-3000 (with ir filter removed and negative film over top)
3 Point IR LED Hat (Tested with camera working fine)
WinXP Pro

Not sure what else you need.

Well I installed the software and started it up. I followed the instructions (from the FAQ) and changed all my settings so I only see the IR LED's (even with the lights on) and I am getting 30fps with 1-2jps.

As far as I can tell everything is working the way it should, but I can't get the skull model to move. It is like it doesn't see the IR's at all!!!

Am I missing something or could there be a problem with my install?

TIA
Cru
TurkishG #2 30/01/2009 - 08h13

Registered on : 11/01/2009

Off line

I think the solution for your problem is in this link... I am not sure if it's the same thing because the guy has two versions of FT installed but read and follow the instructions given there and see if it works.

http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=1474&page=1#9835

Berk
Cru #3 30/01/2009 - 14h27

Off line

Well I tried the link and followed the steps to manually register the files, but I keep getting an error message.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RegSvr32

LoadLibrary("FreeTrackFilterSSE2.ax") failed - The specified module could not be found.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did go into RegEdit and made sure that the....

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freetrack\FreetrackClient]
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\FreeTrack\\"

was correct, but still nothing.

I have tried this on two computers (One running XP Pro, One running XP MCE 2005)

I think I may try to install an earlier version of freetrack, but if you can think of something else let me know.

Cru
babasior #4 30/01/2009 - 14h43

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

Cru @ 30/01/2009 - 15h27 a dit:

RegSvr32

LoadLibrary("FreeTrackFilterSSE2.ax") failed - The specified module could not be found.

You must indicate path of file       :

Regsrv32 path\FreeTrackFilterSSE2.ax

example (with shortname ...)

RegSrv32 c:\progra~1\freetrack\FreeTrackFilterSSE2.ax

or if don't work

in freetrack directory, build a new script called register.cmd

and write inside :

RegSrv32 FreeTrackFilterSSE2.ax
RegSrv32 FreeTrackFilterMMX.ax
pause

then launch the script ...
Cru #5 31/01/2009 - 00h19

Off line

Ok.. I just did what you said and I got the two *.ax files to register, but when I try the *.dll file I get this error message (on both computers).

This file can not be registered.

What should I try now?

BTW I tried the program again, but still no luck (on both computers)

Cru
Cru #6 31/01/2009 - 02h14

Off line

I just got it to work!!! I had another camera (eyetoy ps2) and I hooked that up. I was unable to remove the IR filter from it because it's glued on, but I just wanted to see if it would work.

Sure enough it started to work.... not very weill, but it worked.

So I hooked back up my VX-3000 and still no go. I noticed that on the screen there is the "Stream Settings" and i went into there. By default it was set to 320 x 240... so I changed it to 640 x 480 and it worked!!!

I have no idea why 320 x 240 would not work, but I am very happy to see it work with 640 x 480.

I you think it may be something else let me know and I can play with the settings a little more.

Cru

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > VX-3000 - 3 Point IR LED Hat Problems

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).