FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > FreeTrack freezes when I switch to a game.

RSS >  FreeTrack freezes when I switch to a game.
tjuk #1 20/12/2008 - 19h51

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 14/12/2008

Off line

Hey, I just constructed my first 3-point cap and tried to use FreeTrack with First Eagles, but it didn't work. I'm running FreeTrack on a laptop (1.8 GHz centrino) with an old Creative cam (spacecam 120). My model works great when I run FreeTrack, but when I start up the game, the camera quickly switches on and off and then FreeTrack seems to freeze up. I have to stop and start tracking for it to work again, but when I switch back to my game, it freezes again. Is this because my laptop is way to slow to run both at the same time, or has it something to do with the old cam and drivers.

And how should it work in the game? First Eagles is listed as a FreeTrack interface compatible game, so what does this mean? There is no "use trackIR or Freetrack" option in the game.

So far I've having a great time getting this to work step by step. These forums and the website are great resources for this stuff. Big kudos for the community.
MrRocketShooZ #2 22/12/2008 - 12h15

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 26/10/2008

Off line

Try pressing ctrl+shift+esc when freetrack is running and tracking and check your CPU usage against freetrack.exe in the processes tab. That should give you some indication of how much stress it's placing on your computer.
tjuk #3 22/12/2008 - 19h30

Registered on : 14/12/2008

Off line

Well, freetrack needs about 30 to 40%, which strangely seems to be about the average posted here on the boards, regardless of system specifications. Still, I think I was wrong in my first post regarding the system being the cause. It's not that freetrack is tracking slow or anything; it's not tracking at all after I start the game. If I switch back to freetrack the skull doesn't move anymore and the camera has switched from the red and black representation to a normal one, where I can see myself. At the moment I'm trying to set up freetrack so it runs on a different laptop, as was shown a few posts back.
MrRocketShooZ #4 23/12/2008 - 10h36

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 26/10/2008

Off line

Wow, I didn't realise others were getting such high CPU usage. On my system freetrack runs on around 2-3% CPU usage. I am running a Core 2 Duo E6750 at 3.4GHz.

Sorry I don't know anything more about what could cause this but I think there might have been a thread about a similar problem a while ago.
Fidel #5 02/01/2009 - 12h48

Registered on : 21/05/2008

Off line

I do have the same problem now. FT worked fine for me until yesterday.
I changed my model a bit and so the dimensions.
Now tracking crashes unpon starting ArmA without any error message, program is still running. The skull is turned upside down in the lower left corner and doesn't move, neither do the IR Dots.
Any ideas?
Falcon2008 #6 03/01/2009 - 02h29

Registered on : 25/12/2008

Off line

I've got the same problem, using FT 2.2.0.279, a 3-point cap and a Lifecam VX-3000 Webcam with drivers version 1.2 on Windows XP. There once everything worked fine, but suddenly the problems have appeared. It occurs in Enemy Engaged Comanche Hokum, Falcon 4AF, TrackMapper. Nothing works!  :blink:
didja #7 03/01/2009 - 11h41

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

Check there is no different software from FreeTrack running in the background that could use the webcam (ie MSN messenger, skype, ...).

Rémy
Posted Image
Fidel #8 03/01/2009 - 15h35

Registered on : 21/05/2008

Off line

I bought the cam only for Freetrack. There are no such crappy things as MSN, Skype etc. on my computer.
And as said, it worked kinda good before. I only had bit of jitter in ArmA.
I changed the video stream from RGB 24 to I420 to improve the framerate (it was resetted after i had to redo my system) and since then it'S not working anymore, setting it back to RGB 24 has no effect. Reinstalling has no effect.
Today I give v2.1.2 another try...

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > FreeTrack freezes when I switch to a game.

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).