FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Anyone Removed IR Filter in Sony PS2 Eye Toy

RSS >  Anyone Removed IR Filter in Sony PS2 Eye Toy
svet-am #1 12/11/2008 - 13h36

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 21/10/2008

Off line

I was in GameStop last night and was able to pick one up for US$4.99.  Since it was such a bargain, I thought I'd give it a try.

I've downloaded the Windows XP drivers and have it all working.  Now, I just need to remove the IR filter and replace it with a visible light filter.  Anyone done this with their Eye Toy and have some tips?

I've Googled around and found some pictures of an Eye Toy dis-assembled.  It appears to have _three_ glass plates in front of its optical sensor so I have no idea which one is actually the IR filter.

thanks a bunch in advance.
didja #2 12/11/2008 - 13h46

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

I think the IR wiolet may be violet or a clear black. I've got an Eye Toy myself but I'm happy with it without having to remove the IR filter then I didn't try... ^^

Good luck, and let us know when you'll find it ;)

Rémy
Posted Image
svet-am #3 13/11/2008 - 05h00

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 21/10/2008

Off line

after much fiddling I realized that either (A) my EyeToy didn't have an IR filter installed or (B) someone had modded it previously to remove the IR filter and then sold it used to GameStop minus the IR filter.

Once I realized that, I was in good shape and made my own visible light filter.

If I wanted to make a IR _blocking_ filter, anyone know of a good material that blocks IR so that I could return the EyeToy to "original" condition for use as a standard webcam?

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Anyone Removed IR Filter in Sony PS2 Eye Toy

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).