FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Using with a Laptop
JungleJim8710 #1 17/10/2008 - 16h39

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 17/10/2008

Off line

Just found this program while I was looking at Track-IR videos.  Looks awesome!  Can't wait to get started :D

I just have one question though.  My current desktop is about, oh, 4 or 5 years old now.  I've added more memory, and it runs games up to about Battlefield 2 and 2142 without too much fuss (on low graphics), but other than that it just fails miserably (tried driving through a city with TDU and it lagged so bad I couldn't stop crashing until I made it back to the "country side").  I will be getting a new laptop within the next probably 3 or 4 months though, so my thought was to experiment with it on my desktop and then simply move the whole assembly to my new laptop.

But the obvious thought arrives:  If I disconnect my webcam, will it cause problems when I plug it back in?  I was planning to just place the webcam in a good spot on my desk and simply plug the laptop in whenever I wanted to use it, but I'm worried about the settings issue.

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

(oh, and if someone wants to donate an AGP graphics card that's better than a Radeon 9800 Pro, you're welcome to it :D lol)

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).