FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Viper3two's Video
Spitfire99 #1 14/09/2008 - 15h39

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 14/09/2008

Off line

Ok so I wanna build a 3 point cap for Freetrack, decided to use Viper3two's video for my construction. He does a good job at showing how to take apart the camera and use the software, but at closer inspection he leaves out some important details on the cap set-up itself.

Just for clarification to help me out in following his instruction video.

1. In the parts list what size/gauge wire did you use running threw the cap?

2. Where did you put the resistor? did you just solder the wires to it and tape on the inside? or did you use a circuit board?

3. The quick disconnect would be nice, but no where is that on the parts list, how did he hook up the disconnect when using a 6V 500mA PSU? What connector did he use?

4. You only used one resistor in that setup which was 15 Ohms,  From the forums 25mA  to 50mA is typical for the LED's on a modded IR camera. When I enter that into the calculator at 50mA i get this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/JasonVoorhees/resistor.jpg

according to that (I'm likely wrong or somthing) he needed a 66-68 Ohlm resistor when he used a 15 Ohms? might be just me but I'm completely lost on how that calculator is supposed to work.   :blink:

To wrap this up I've got the same camera and IR LED's I have a old phone PSU at 9V and 100mA would this be ok or try to get a 6V 500mA like Viper did, if what I have will work, what size resistor am I looking at?

Also it seemed he randomly put the LED's on the cap with out measuring the distance for the software, would you have to measure the distances?

Just some questions Id feel more comfortable knowing b4 I build this rig, all help is very much appreciated keep up the great work!   ;D
Edited by Spitfire99 on 14/09/2008 at 15h46.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).