FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Windows 7 and 2.2.0.279 Problem
Jennifur_Vultee #1 08/02/2012 - 08h39

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 08/02/2012

Off line

Ok I figured out my problem...and I feel stupid now.  :pinch:   After adding my procedure to start Freetrack I decided to close my web cam, open Freetrack and click Start and it worked perfectly.  It sees my test remote and tracks it as expected.   Now I just need to build my 3 point clip...yay.  ;D

-----------------------------------------------------
Original Post:

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit with Freetrack 2.2.0.279 and my camera can see the infrared tracking dot, when I open Freetrack it shows my camera as the only device in the list.  I've adjusted the settings based on what was shown in the tutorial on the forums I was working from  http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=2650 for the Logitech C200 camera that I'm using and when I click Start in Freetrack nothing happens...no errors, no crashes...just nothing. The demo opens the tracking skull and dots demo but usually crashes Freetrack.  I am running Freetrack as the administrator and logged in as the admin as well. Is there a compatability issue with Windows 7 64 bit?

I haven't built my headset yet for Freetrack but plan to use a 3 infrared LED clip style powered by four AA batteries.   I was testing my modified web cam and Freetrack using an infrared remote with Freetrack set to one point tracking.

What I've been doing so far:
I start my modified web camera and verify its seeing the dot.
I start Freetrack, click start...nothing happens.

Windows 7 64 Professional
Freetrack 2.2.0.279
Logitech C200 web cam with the ifrared filter removed and a disk of floppy disk as a visible light filter.  The camera driver is the latest version from the Logitech web site for the C200.

AMD Phoenom II 1090T six core, 3.2Ghz
Nvidia GTX 470 GPU
16 GB DDR3 RAM
Edited by Jennifur_Vultee on 08/02/2012 at 09h31.
Blindasabat #2 08/02/2012 - 11h22

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 02/05/2011

Off line

Jennifur_Vultee @ 08/02/2012 - 09h39 a dit:

The demo opens the tracking skull and dots demo but usually crashes Freetrack.  I am running Freetrack as the administrator and logged in as the admin as well. Is there a compatability issue with Windows 7 64 bit?

The demo crashes on my computer too so that is a common problem. Freetrack runs fine (with some minor issues) on my system with Vista 64 bit, but I also have another camera and other hardware than you.
Have you tried disabeling Windows Aero and then run freetrack?
Edited by Blindasabat on 08/02/2012 at 11h22.
Steph #3 08/02/2012 - 11h58

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Ok I figured out my problem...and I feel stupid now.  :pinch:   After adding my procedure to start Freetrack I decided to close my web cam, open Freetrack and click Start and it worked perfectly.  It sees my test remote and tracks it as expected.   Now I just need to build my 3 point clip...yay.  ;D

Shit happens. :)

If ever you have problems with unexpected setup reset, (like most of serie C webcams from Logitech have), look here:
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=2947
Jennifur_Vultee #4 09/02/2012 - 03h18

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 08/02/2012

Off line

Steph @ 08/02/2012 - 05h58 a dit:

Shit happens. :)

If ever you have problems with unexpected setup reset, (like most of serie C webcams from Logitech have), look here:
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=2947

Yup it started resetting and asking if I wanted to close Freetrack.  I saw your reply and read the thread you linked and I thought I'd try going back to the disk drivers that came with the camera.   I uninstalled the latest drivers from the Logitech web site and just installed the drivers from the disk with none of the other optional things and so far it seems stable and remembers my settings.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it still works after a system restart.
Edited by Jennifur_Vultee on 09/02/2012 at 13h14.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).