FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  How to use it in Game, Im a noob :P
cam381 #1 07/07/2009 - 19h24

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 01/09/2008

Off line

Hello,
I am a noob to freetrack. Ive completed my cap design(3 point Cap) and webcam is completed. Ive ran freetrack and tested it using that. The LEDs work properly and Im able to move my head around in that. My question is how do I actuakky use it in-game? Yes it is very stupid question. Im sorry. Thank you.
LKmedia #2 08/07/2009 - 01h13

Registered on : 03/07/2009

Off line

Usually it would immediatelly be running if the game is compatible to it. If you play Flight Simulator 2002/04 you first need to activate a certain output inside FreeTrack. What game have you been trying?
cam381 #3 08/07/2009 - 01h45

Off line

Ive tried both FSX and FS9(04). Ive seen FSUIPC in the menu and simconnect which are both enabled. I also have selected the default profile to FS9 preset. Hope that helps. THank you.
cam381 #4 09/07/2009 - 16h24

Off line

Please help. I read the manual but its not working like it says.
LKmedia #5 09/07/2009 - 23h44

Registered on : 03/07/2009

Off line

Hm, I think it is some kind of communication problem between FreeTrack and the game. Recently I tried using FreeTrack in Live for Speed but it didn't work properly. When I had the game running in window mode and the FreeTrack-window being active on top, then the motion tracking worked fine but as soon as I clicked the game's window to make it the active, the motion tracking stuttered heavily and the tray light symbol of FreeTrack flashed red often as if it was slowed down due to performance issues. When I activated the fullscreen mode tracking stopped completely.
Granting FreeTrack a higher priority level didn't help. Restarted both apps several times. At one point it seemed to be working a bit better but it was far from being ok.

I dont know what exactly could be the problem there but I guess you suffer under the same phenomen. Maybe it will help when I will use a 3-point-IR-LED-model soon rather then a small piece of reflective foil for 1-point-tracking. We'll see...
ceofirefly #6 29/10/2011 - 12h17

Registered on : 29/10/2011

Off line

Greetings,

Not sure if you know about this, since it's almost a year you asked but you need to download the TrackIR software and extract the TIRViews.dll from it into the root folder of your FreeTrack.

Link for the TrackIR Software (Free):
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06-support/support-download-software-and-manuals.html

So after installation, go to the folder of the TrackIR software and then you should be able to find that dll file. So just copy to the root of the FreeTrack and just open up your Freetrack, get your FS on, And off you go :D

Btw, I learnt from here also to get my FS9 working
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=1178

Hope it works for you ;)
You like flying ATR?
Edited by ceofirefly on 29/10/2011 at 12h51.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).