FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Falcon 4 (Open Falcon and Allied Force) Profile

RSS >  Falcon 4 (Open Falcon and Allied Force) Profile
Habu #1 01/07/2008 - 02h22

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 10/06/2008

Off line

Hi,

I just finished wiring my 3 LED cap freetrack design and I am only waiting on a webcam. Is there an already made profile for Open Falcon or Allied Force that I could simply click and download? Also I want to use the Microsoft VX-1000 webcam for modification. Does anyone know any walk in common  store chains (NOT ONLINE STORES) where I can purchase this webcam?

Thanx
rogermorse #2 01/07/2008 - 06h34

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 11/05/2008

Off line

there are the default profiles, when you install freetrack. You can modify them, or just create a new one, it's not difficult.

I suggest you to check all the options, because for me, no default profile was ok :D

So configure your own profile, to fit your best experience, especially for Open Falcon which has 6DOF, it needs to be well configured.
Habu #3 01/07/2008 - 18h15

Registered on : 10/06/2008

Off line

thank you for your response. the only problem I may face is i have no clue what all those sliders refer to! Is the profile basically a guess and check kind of thing where you play around with it to get the best configuration?

Also, I plan on using the VX-3000 as my webcam device. Will this work okay with a 3LED Cap design and can I easily disable the IR filter? Will I need enable button if I use the VX-3000?
Edited by Habu on 01/07/2008 at 18h47.
rogermorse #4 05/07/2008 - 11h25

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 11/05/2008

Off line

I don't know that webcam.

For settings of freetrack profile: did you read the manual???

First of all, set the correct measure distance between led in the setup tab. Than, set sensitivity in the tab 'global'.

After this, you can create the profile of your game. I suggest you to use LINEAR curves (no deadzone at all) with all games that support trackIR (official support, no emulation). And then, just set the correct sensitivity in the profile.
Laidback #5 23/08/2008 - 19h26

Registered on : 05/08/2008

Off line

I use VX3000 and it works perfectly.  Removing the ir filter is simple and yes, you do need the enable button for it.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Falcon 4 (Open Falcon and Allied Force) Profile

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).