FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Freetrack doesn't reproduce my real movements

RSS >  Freetrack doesn't reproduce my real movements
rogermorse #1 19/05/2008 - 17h12

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 11/05/2008

Off line

Today I have built a 3led clip. I had already built a 3 led cap, and it worked well (i posted a video). But both the cap and the clip didn't reproduce my movements.

For instance, if i rotate head (just rotation from left to right without moving my chest, head always vertical), freetrack thinks i'm moving backwards and frontwards while rotating.

I made a video to make me understood, I can't understand why. I think I have to configure curves, but I have no idea of how to do it, I didn't understand manual neither.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zWic0exa-w
Deimos #2 19/05/2008 - 19h12

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 07/11/2007

Off line

Just wait a little more - the next version of freetrack (in beta stage now) has added option to define head's center of rotation in respect to LEDs. With FT 2.1 i couldn't set it right as well and my cap behaved just like your clip, but in FT2.2 i was able to set it up right :)
But before 2.2 comes out, you might want to set all curves to linear and play with those sliders on the model selection screen - under dimensions on your rig. The manual should describe how they work, the calibration procedure was also discussed in some tread, but i don't remember it, since i don't use a clip. Just try searching.
After setting it up to minimize unwanted translations when only rotating your head, you can set the curves to your preference.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Freetrack doesn't reproduce my real movements

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).