FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  A visual issue
domineaux #1 04/04/2008 - 17h54

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 29/03/2008

Off line

I built the Cateye LED thingy.  The LEDs within the Cateye were very bright so I replaced them with standard red 5mm led 2.6 volt 28ma 10mcd LEDs.

I placed the Cateye on the right side of my head clipped to my headset.  The cateye thing was far enough back on my head I didn't see the lighted LEDs.  Peripheral vision is pretty amazing. I realize the headset moved with my head and I physically didn't see the LEDs... I thought.

A surprise... after I was done with freetrack for the evening as I was walking about the house and things I kept noticing I was getting a flash in outer most part of the corner of my eye.  I was getting an intermittent light flash (white) in the outermost corner of my right eye.

IMO, if I'm going to use the freetrack I'll have to rebuild my LED pointer device to sit ontop of a hat or something that actually physically blocks the light from any possibility of my eye seeing it whether I discern the light or not.

That flashing light thing really bothered me.  It is gone this morning and am I glad.
Edited by domineaux on 04/04/2008 at 17h59.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).