FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Thank you / my setup
putimir #1 21/03/2008 - 11h50

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 25/02/2008

Off line

First of all, a big thanks to the FreeTrack crew, keep on the good work!

Excellent tutorial and very useful forum, built my setup without a hiccup, although I'm no soldering master.

The setup runs perfectly, apart from the occasional crashes.

As it can be seen on the attached images, here's the setup:

- 3 point cap model
- Osram SFH485P IR, 15 Ohm resistors
- two AA rechargeable batteries, in serial, both putting out ~2.8V
- a VX-3000 camera, with IR filter removed, added 1 layer of floppy plate on the inside of the lens (replaced the IR filter) - I had no problems disabling all the "auto" features, resulting in an easy 30FPS stream...

A thing to mention: I previously modified a VX-1000 (which crapped on me after few hours of use), which has an IR filter pretty far away from the underlying lens, so removal wasn't so delicate. To my surprise, thinking that VX-3000 is pretty much the same camera, at least considering physical dimensions, the VX-3000 lens is a bit longer than the VX-1000's, as well as the position of the IR filter: it is positioned JUST above the lens, almost touching, which resulted in a badly scratched lens while removing, but to my surprise, the performance wasn't affected at all, I think partly due to the fact, that the best results with FT are achieved with the image a bit out of focus...so, be careful...

The complete setup draws ~180mA of current, so the batteries are good for approximately 6-8 hours of use, enough for me...

Posted ImagePosted Image
Edited by putimir on 21/03/2008 at 13h07.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).