FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > IL2 1946 Voice Activated Commands (in-game Radio)

RSS >  IL2 1946 Voice Activated Commands (in-game Radio), using GlovePIE, voice activation
NuMcA #1 01/03/2008 - 19h08

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 21/01/2008

Off line

HOW IT WORKS:
It uses your Windows Speech Recognition to understand what you are saying to the microphone and if it hears something u have assigned to key combination, then it executes this particular keycombination.

For example: when u say "exit game" the computer presses "keyboard.alt+keyboard.F4" and therefor terminates the game.

This is done through a Programmable Input Emulator named GlovePIE build by Carl Kenner (THANK YOU CARL!).
GlovePie works something like this: If windows hears "WINGMAN COVER ME" (In IL2) then "TAB","1","1" is pressed and the game executes the radiocommand "Command to Wingman, COVER ME".

HOW TO DO IT:
1) Download and install GlovePIE  from Carl Kenner's Website.

2)You need to install Sapi 5.1 (It comes with Windows XP and Office XP) to use speech in GlovePIE. If you don’t have speech recognition installed, download and install this:
http://www.chant.net/downloads/sapi51.exe
Unless you have XP Pro, in which case download and install this to get a later version:
http://www.voicewebsolutions.net/community/tutorials/voicewebstudio/salt/MicrosoftInternetExplorerSpeechAddInSetup.exe
If you just want the Mike and Mary text-to-speech voices for XP, download this:
http://www.aldostools.com/sapi51xp.msi

3i)
Download scripts for IL2 1946 v4.4 (290208)
OR
3ii) COPY+PASTE this code in a new GLOVEPIE script: IL2 1946 v4.4 (290208)

DONT FORGET TO ASSIGN A PUSH-TO-TALK BUTTON IN THE SCRIPT!!
for help go through " HELP / PRELIMINARY DOCUMENTATION " in GlovePIE.

4)
ALWAYS remember to load BOTH GlovePIE and your GAME!!
Make sure GlovePIE is running, use DEBUG for visual and "microphone check"command for acoustical verification.

5) Enjoy and spread the word! keep imagination free! Keep sources FREE! FREETRACK LEADS THE WAY!

->AWM<-NuMcA_[.gr]
Edited by NuMcA on 01/03/2008 at 19h11.
tristan68 #2 02/03/2008 - 09h31

Electronicien en chef
Class : Electronicien en chef
Registered on : 10/07/2007

Off line

Hello Numca

Lol, Glovepie seems to be the leathermans tool for about everything based on data input  :)

Personnally, i use SHOOT  for a long time , and it works very well.

It's a freeware dedicated program for voice operated commands, inside games or various programs, you can find it at :
http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/

I usually use it with IL2 1946 and Lockon, for radio comm with AI only (for game experience)

but i'll check glovepie too, and keep the best  :dry:

cya
BlindVision #3 06/03/2008 - 00h10

Registered on : 13/02/2008

Off line Www

tristan68 @ 02/03/2008 - 10h31 a dit:

Personnally, i use SHOOT  for a long time , and it works very well.

i misread that totally :( , and checked your nationality (no offence, english is not my native language ether)

I read "I HOLD DOWN FIRE BUTTON", and that solves the problem.  :D

TALKING to my computer, why not
(what will my neighbours think, when i am shouting commands in the heat of battle, -i live in a flat) :pinch:
- its more natural that way GIVEING the command, rather than PRESSING the button for it.
And i would a this command to, "Go back to bed" (for when my daughter suddently stands besides me) - IT PAUSES THE GAME. -and it is "så kan du godt gå tilbage i seng" in Danish.

THANKS for POSTING this wonderful idea.
support FREETRACK developers, the do it FREE for you -HELP them/yourself help others.
-another fun DIY thing to do, works with Free-Track too, HAVE A LOOK
Weyrman #4 06/03/2008 - 04h00

Registered on : 26/01/2008

Off line

Thanks for the comment about 'Shoot'. I play Descent2 d2x-xl and I have set it up with primary and secondary weapon change commands as well as map and headlight. I have freetrack set up and running also but hope for better results with the next version that supports Wiiremote (we have 4 in the house) with it not consuming as much cpu.

hehee - love the "Go back to bed!" command, a shame it will have no use with teenagers in the house. Maybe I should set it up with a "Hang on" or "Just a minute" command.
tristan68 #5 07/03/2008 - 16h33

Electronicien en chef
Class : Electronicien en chef
Registered on : 10/07/2007

Off line

I read "I HOLD DOWN FIRE BUTTON", and that solves the problem.  :D

No  :)

Thats not "hold the fire button", thats the name of the tool.

cya    :dry:

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > IL2 1946 Voice Activated Commands (in-game Radio)

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).