FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  FSX
bluefightingcat #1 13/02/2008 - 12h20

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 21/01/2008

Off line

Hi,

I am using Free-Track 2.1 on FSX. However I just can't seem to get the settings "perfect". I tried JamesNorman93's profile that is posted in another thread but whilst it made things better it did not make things good enough.

My problem is that its way to sensitive. Even the smallest move of my head makes the screen move. So you can imagine how difficult it is trying to press a button or turn a dial in my Virtual Cockpit.

I tried turning down the sensitive settings but whilst this does fix the problem it cases another problem: my range of view is smaller. So if the sensitivity is low then for example I can't see the back of the plane or the top of the cockpit.

Therefore I want the sensitivity of low sensitivity yet the range of view of high sensitivity.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I could achive this or has anybody managed to get really good FSX settings that they can share?

BFC
BlindVision #2 13/02/2008 - 13h15

Registered on : 13/02/2008

Off line Www

I think i got the solution for you.
What you need is some kind of DEADZONE or even better EXPONENTIAL/SOFT.
-FREETRACK GOT IT (i ,love this piece of software)

BUT WHERE???? -i havent tried it out myself yet.
HERE IT IS:
Open FREETRACK, click on the CURVES button, right click in YAW/PITCH/ROLL or that you need.
DEADZONE is what it says, a deadzone where nothing happens. -I think this would be wrong.
SOFT is Exponential curves, It gives you a NON LINEAR movement -in hte middle of the screen you get LESS movement, and it increases exponential to the boarders. -I can't figure out why the GRAPH curves upward - BUT if it gets you more sensitivity (on the center area) drag the POINTS down to make the curve go downwards instead.
IF you have to make your own curve, you can COPY TO the AXIs you want.

I hope you find this usefull.
Please me give some feedback if it works for you.
support FREETRACK developers, the do it FREE for you -HELP them/yourself help others.
-another fun DIY thing to do, works with Free-Track too, HAVE A LOOK
nvhlvnop #3 13/02/2008 - 22h34

Registered on : 12/02/2008

Off line

I was just thinking about this last night when I was playing FSX.  I was also having a hard time clicking buttons and turning knobs on the instrument panel because of the head movements.   My solution, which I'll try out later today is to use the "freeze" hotkey.  I'm hoping it will just disable the headtracking so I can adjust things on the instrument panel.  I'm hoping it won't reset to the forward view when you freeze the head tracking.  I've already assigned the middle mouse button to reset the view to center.  This is great since I change position in my chair a lot.  Hopefully, you can just unfreeze after you've played with the buttons/knobs in the game.   I'm at work now, so you may get a chance to try this out before I do.   I hope it works.
Kestrel #4 14/02/2008 - 00h17

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

nvhlvnop @ 13/02/2008 - 23h34 a dit:

I was just thinking about this last night when I was playing FSX.  I was also having a hard time clicking buttons and turning knobs on the instrument panel because of the head movements.   My solution, which I'll try out later today is to use the "freeze" hotkey.  I'm hoping it will just disable the headtracking so I can adjust things on the instrument panel.  

The pause hotkey can be used to stop tracking while maintaining the present view.

Alternatively, view stability can be improved at the sacrifice of some responsiveness by increasing smoothing. If you still want to maintain responsiveness you can use the smoothing hotkey so that smoothing is only increased temporarily.

Complain to the MSFS developers that the mouse should be cockpit relative and not vew relative.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).