FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Interfacing FreeTrack with open source flighsim FlightGear?

RSS >  Interfacing FreeTrack with open source flighsim FlightGear?, Using FreeTrack for head tracking with FlightGear
DPLUIGI #1 09/02/2008 - 05h16

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 04/01/2008

Off line

Hi,

I saw this thread about compiling a TRackIR server to interface head tracking into FlightGear:
http://www.mail-archive.com/flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg04861.html

About FlihtGear open source project:
http://www.flightgear.org/
http://wiki.flightgear.org/flightgear_wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

I do not have TrackIr but I have built a three IR LED cap head tracking model to use with  FreeTrack 2.1 that I am very pleased with and workes great with simulator like IL2 FB 1946 and the soaring simulator Condor.  :D

FlightGear is also an open source.  Has anyone looked into interfacing in a similar way FReeTRack with FlighGear?

I have little programming experience in C and C++ and FreeTrack is developed with Delphy.  I wonder how easy it'd be for me to get started and integrate FreeTrack with FG with free compilers and libraries?   :)

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Donat-Pierre LUIGI
Edited by DPLUIGI on 09/02/2008 at 05h18.
DPLUIGI #2 15/02/2008 - 09h09

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 04/01/2008

Off line

Is anyone from the FreeTrack (FT) community using flightGear (FG) free open source flight sim?   :gene:

Any desire to test FT with FG ?   :p

I am a little tied up to install and learn to use and compile Delphi to start testing but it seems that there might be other approach to help interfacing the two and get head tracking capability in FG.
Glovepie might be a direction to look into.
:)

Anyhow, once I upgrade the HardDrive on my computer, I'll consider installing Delphi and libraries to start tinker.  :D

Looking forward to hearing back from anyone interested in FlightGear.

Donat
Nigo #3 16/02/2008 - 11h15

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 03/08/2007

Off line

hello,

well, I'm neither a FreeTrack nor a FlightGear user, but I'm very interested about this TrackIR server since I was thinking about making one myself :p
since I'm also C++ programmer, I'll take a look at this patch...
Kestrel #4 16/02/2008 - 11h30

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

The next version of FT will have its own open source interface for 3rd part apps.
usr #5 16/02/2008 - 12h59

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 30/11/2007

Off line

i wonder if flightgear already has OSC input, this seems to be more and more accepted as the universal way of doing "exotic controller I/O", especially in the open source world. if there's already an OSC interface then you can easily glue them together with some glovepie.

a side note for IL2 users: OSC messages look so similar to devicelink, i really wonder why those crazy brilliant russians did not simply adopt that standard format instead of brewing their own.
Edited by usr on 16/02/2008 at 13h06.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Interfacing FreeTrack with open source flighsim FlightGear?

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).