FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Filter removal, Creative webcam...=[
coolksprt #1 01/02/2008 - 20h00

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 01/02/2008

Off line

Hello all. Thios is my first post to this wonderful site. I grasp the whole idea of the system and all. It's just that I have a Creative webcam (not sure exact model) This is the webcam I have>>http://foley-tax.com/Astro/modz/
I have tried prying, twisting, pounding and everything else to get this lens out. I wish I could take a picture of it, but my cam isnt working =/ I was wondering if someone would have some words of wisdom about my issue with not being able to get the IR filter out. Thanks for reading.
zaelu #2 02/02/2008 - 18h48

Registered on : 29/09/2007

Off line

Could be like in A4Tech PK-335(6)MB

take a look at this quide in freetrack site: http://www.free-track.net/english/hardware/filter_removal/a4tech_pk_335MB.php

The grey plastic cover could be a bit glued and if you look to the inside of it you may find some plastic "locks" that need to be worked out with a sharp tool like a small screwdriver.

Some lens assembly are made from two parts like this A4tech camera and you need to "gently" grab them in some cothes pieces and unscrew them with some force using two...  of this tools

Posted Image

sorry... I don't know their name in english  :gene:  :gene:  :D

Usualy the two pieces of the lens assembly are a bit glued together too but, they come apart when you twist hard. Just make shure they are metal so you dont brake them to pieces.

In thet tutorial Volans use some sandpaper to make a breach in the assembly to loosen the glue  but, a few days ago I had to dissasemble one PK-336MB camera for a freetrack and it came apart using just those "tools" :) some clothing for assemble protection and... force.

Also very important!!

Once you took them appart be careful at lens order and orientation or you will get a crappy blured picture when you put them back and you will have to "puzzle" them back together as they were in the first place :D .
Edited by zaelu on 02/02/2008 at 18h50.
coolksprt #3 02/02/2008 - 20h26

Off line

Hello. Thanks for your advice, i got the IR filter out finally =].  I put it back together, which I thought was correct, but the image is still blurry =[ I'm still trying to "puzzle" it and hopefuly that will work.
Kestrel #4 03/02/2008 - 00h40

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

Have you adjusted the focus?  :)
coolksprt #5 03/02/2008 - 02h41

Off line

haha yes I have. I'm not THAT new to it all. Do you think the focus of it should really matter though if I just use it for the tracking system?

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).