FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > Cam-LED; relative horizontal plane?

RSS >  Cam-LED; relative horizontal plane?
Merlin #1 23/01/2008 - 05h54

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 04/01/2008

Off line

Hello guys,

I have just got my first setup made and working (3-point Clip) but I'm wondering if the relative horizontal plane between the camera and the LED's has an effect on performance or accuracy?

I'm guessing my headset and clip (or lets say the middle LED) is probably no more than 15 degrees lower than my webcam and my clip in normal position points directly in front of me.
So should I be looking to change the angle of the clip to look up a little to suit the angle of the camera that is slightly looking down (from the top of my monitor)?
Or should I extend the clip so it sits higher above my earpiece and closer to the same horizontal plane as the camera is on?

I'm curious because all dof's work well except for ROLL, I've been playing with the sensitivity but still can't nail it. My results have been a roll to the right makes the tracking head go lower and roll slightly while rolling to the left makes the tracking head go higher and roll slightly to the left.
Is there an inherent reason why I would get such results??

Thanks for any info, and thanks for this awesome software.
BlindVision #2 01/03/2008 - 12h23

Registered on : 13/02/2008

Off line Www

Best possible WEB-CAM position IS DIRECTLY IN FRONT
-if its of track (sideways, over/under) you will get disstoreded motions.

example: if you CAM is LOWER than the Tracking Pionts, and YOU move FORWARD, Free-Track can interpret this as YOU move UP, and FORWARD at the same time.
support FREETRACK developers, the do it FREE for you -HELP them/yourself help others.
-another fun DIY thing to do, works with Free-Track too, HAVE A LOOK
Merlin #3 03/03/2008 - 05h55

Registered on : 04/01/2008

Off line

That makes sence.

Is there an offset feature you can counter this effect with?

I imagine the CAP users would have a better chance of being horizontal with their cameras but those of us with CLIPS are almost always (depending on monitor size) going to have this problem.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > Cam-LED; relative horizontal plane?

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).