FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  trackir compatibility
kolijoco #1 09/01/2008 - 20h58

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 09/01/2008

Off line

i'm trying to do something similar to freetrack... 6dof based on face-tracking only. (yep, it is hard... and no, it wont work in the dark... but hey, there are people climbing the everest too)
anyways i got something that works... at least 2dofs are that is.
i've been googling all over to figure out how to talk "trackir-ize" that is how to communicate as if my rig was trackir comaptible.
i've been unable to get freetrack running on my devbox (its got one of those nasty built-in cams that do yuy2 only), and delphi's not my thing.
wondering if anyone has any docs on this... like how is freetrack trackir comapitble. how to achieve trackir compatibilty.
your help would be greatly appriciated.
jozsef koloszar
Kestrel #2 10/01/2008 - 00h18

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

My hands are tied; the TrackIR interface is proprietary and consequently cannot be published or communicated.
kolijoco #3 10/01/2008 - 11h21

Registered on : 09/01/2008

Off line

so i should sign up for the sdk at trackir website?
(i assume that is how freetrack was authored...)
Nigo #4 27/01/2008 - 13h00

Registered on : 03/08/2007

Off line

Kestrel, are you saiying NaturalPoint gave you the TrackIR SDK? since they say they only give it to developers of commercial games, it's hard to believe they gave it to a software which kinda emulate the TrackIR :blink:

I'm not sure how the related freeware (TIR_Attack 1.7, Trackmapper...) work either... and of course their sources are not available

anyway, I kinda read that you can use TrackIR using the OptiTrack SDK which is available... keep me in touch if that (or anything else) works out for your projet, I'm also very interested
Edited by Nigo on 27/01/2008 at 13h05.
usr #5 27/01/2008 - 22h05

Registered on : 30/11/2007

Off line

once again you could use glovepie as a "whatever->TrackIR bridge", for example by sending OSC (open sound control) UDP messages from your facetracker (nice idea btw, did you use the intel computer vision library?) over the network interface or local loopback. should be good enough for prototype testing and also not be a bad idea for practical use, since you'd probably prefer to not run the face tracking algorithm and a TrackIR game on the same system...
Edited by usr on 27/01/2008 at 22h06.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).