FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Having an issue, Radioshack parts question.

RSS >  Having an issue, Radioshack parts question.
nklaman3187 #1 13/12/2015 - 01h42

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 13/12/2015

Off line

Radio shack has these IR LED's www.radioshack.com/products/high-output-infrared-led?variant=5717550469 If I file it down flat it should work for building a track ir setup correct? What ohm resistor is needed? as they do not have 30 ohm 1/4 watt can you not use 1/2 or 1 watt resistors if it never goes above that wattage anyways? I'd like to use a 9volt battery as the power source as it would just be easy to clip in and take off. Can anyone help me figure it out?

The whole thing is I don't want to have to go buy$7 in parts online and pay almost $20 shipping when the package weighs 0.30lbs

Thanks ahead of time.
Stormrider #2 14/12/2015 - 16h59

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

hi,
do you have some more info about those leds??If you know the forwarding voltage and the max current they can handle, you can calculate what resistor you can use.
Filing them down, maybe you don't have to do it, it depends on the viewing angle they have.
Edited by Stormrider on 14/12/2015 at 17h00.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Having an issue, Radioshack parts question.

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).