FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Unsteady movement in "fixed" position

RSS >  Unsteady movement in "fixed" position
bjoern.77 #1 03/01/2008 - 10h30

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 03/01/2008

Off line

Hi,

i recently started using Freetrack 2.1 and though it works generally i still have some issues i couldn't solve yet.

I'm using VX 1000, with 30fps and usually 0 Jitter. IR Filter removed, 2 layers of "negative" film infront and the codec with the red background. (i420?, not at home, sry can't recall the correct name).  I use the headset detup, three leds, distances are 26mm, 30mm and 40mm, 38mm.

1) When i place the leds steady infront the monitor the virtual head in freetrack starts rotating slowly by it own, how can i fix that? Increase the distances of the leds?

2) When i move the leds from right to left or up and down the virtual heads moves only very little on the x/y/z axis but starts rotating. EG - if i move to the right the head moves like 20% to the right, but rotates around 60° to right.
Kestrel #2 03/01/2008 - 12h04

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

bjoern.77 @ 03/01/2008 - 11h30 a dit:

1) When i place the leds steady infront the monitor the virtual head in freetrack starts rotating slowly by it own, how can i fix that? Increase the distances of the leds?

I've never encountered autonomous rotation!  :blink: Try reducing yaw, pitch smoothing. However if you reduce it too much you will get more jittery parasitic movement due to noise in the camera image.

2) When i move the leds from right to left or up and down the virtual heads moves only very little on the x/y/z axis but starts rotating. EG - if i move to the right the head moves like 20% to the right, but rotates around 60° to right.

Increase x, y, z sensitivity and reduce yaw, pitch, roll sensitivity.
bjoern.77 #3 05/01/2008 - 08h20

Registered on : 03/01/2008

Off line

thx kestrel, i'm now using the il 2 profile from the games and profile forum, problems now fixed. I guess i misconfiguered my system before.
Naval8viator #4 03/02/2008 - 22h53

Registered on : 03/02/2008

Off line

I have the same issue with autonomously moving viewpoints in freetrack 2.1.  From the "front" view, the head will slowly yaw to my right (his left) without any inputs from my head.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Unsteady movement in "fixed" position

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).