FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  3 led tracking clip, 1 x AAA
jasoniumh #1 02/05/2015 - 22h12

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 12/11/2014

Off line

I have had no problems using 3 ir leds from various remotes and 1 AAA battery wired in parallel.... 3 heat shaped black plastic tubes from the watering dept. of the local hardware store a small switch, Solder the wires with no resistor at all, hot glue the whole thing together a couple of velcro tabs or use a rubber band or..whatever, a wiimote with the right software, and Blammo.. havent had a problem in two years.

I get awesome head tracking, I use rechargable batteries and put a new one in as part of my set up routine. no wires. Its very lite and easy to store. For the purists this is probable not for you.. lol. However perhaps as a test bed its an economical way of trying it.

Anyway thats my two cents. and I have no idea how to put a pic on here.
jasoniumh #2 21/07/2015 - 01h04

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 12/11/2014

Off line

Update.... I constructed another using 3 ir lights from ebay, a resistor (I know) powered via usb wall adapter... OMG... I can see why you would go that extra step now... if I thought my tracking was good before.. I can only describe it as absolutely flawless now. So smooth, so responsive.. so awesome.. Thank you guys for opening my eyes.. I still maintain that as a cheap to build test bed my AAA setup DOES work. I have now ordered the proper ir leds and resistor and am looking forward to building it. :)

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).