FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Disabled Aussie needs help
kormart #16 27/07/2014 - 07h50

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 23/05/2014

Off line

FYI, I had a few more issues and managed to figure them out myself. Just wanted to post in case anyone stumbles across this in the future.

I found when I was turning my head I would lose tracking and I noticed there were numerous little red crosses over the LED. I changed the min diameter to 6 and now it does not recognise all those other dots that were screwing with the tracking.

I also actually measured my device and input the measurements. As my device was non-standard size this made a huge difference.

Thank you very much for making a great program and thanks again to those who helped me. I have just finished playing company of heroes single player campaign hands-free with this plus a voice recognition program called Tazti.
Steph #17 27/07/2014 - 17h43

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

You're welcome.

I have just finished playing company of heroes single player campaign hands-free with this plus a voice recognition program called Tazti.

This is a real challenge, good job! ;)
CKDV #18 24/08/2014 - 14h55

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 24/08/2014

Off line

I'm in a very similar situation so I'll just add on here.

I'm starting out with the same LED's as the OP for a USB build.

https://www.jaycar.com/productView.asp?SUBCATID=976&CATID=78&ID=ZD1945&URL=index
(5MM EMITTING DIODELooks like a 5mm LED & has a blue transparent lens.Specifications:- Forward Current (If): 50mA max - Peak forward current (Ip): 1.2A- Forward Voltage (VF): 1.2V @ 20mA - Reverse Voltage (VR): 5V max- Power Dissipation (Pd): 100mW max - Viewing Angle: 30°- Peak Spectral Wavelength(IR): 940nm @ 20mA * Spectral Bandwidth (DI): 50nm@20mA- Material: GaAs)

Want to add a PTC for MB protection and this is the closest one I can find available to me:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/60R010XU-Littelfuse-Polyfuse-Ptc-60R-Radial-0-1A-/131209401150?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item1e8cb0933e
(Carrying Current Max:    40A
Holding Current:    100mA
Initial Resistance Max:    7.5ohm
Operating Voltage:    60V
PTC Fuse Case:    Radial Leaded
Series:    POLYFUSE 60R
Tripping Current:    200mA
Holding Current Max Ih:    100mA
MSL:    -
Operating Temperature Max:    85°C
Operating Temperature Min:    -40°C
Power Dissipation Pd:    0.38W
Trip Time:    4s)

Is that adaquate? Also following the maths above with it's resistance being about 7.5ohms I need another 20ohms worth in my resistor (aprox.) and while I have several 1/4w 5% carbon film resistors lying around the house from projects on musical equipment I don't have anything quite that high. Is it okay to stack several smaller resistors in series (likes two 8.2ohm and a 3.3ohm) to get in the right ballpark or will that cause other problems?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: 10 days no reply? I don't like to double post but should I maybe start a new thread?
Edited by CKDV on 03/09/2014 at 21h40.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).