FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > No X,Z,Y axis with F4 BMS & Condor

RSS >  No X,Z,Y axis with F4 BMS & Condor
thelopka #1 28/01/2013 - 07h15

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 28/01/2013

Off line

Hi,

I've finally made my 3 LED cap device with red LEDs to work with my logitec webcam. I'm running win7 with the last freetrack soft and have a core i5 750 intel processor. I've installed freetrack on another HD than the classic 'C' HD.

I've uploaded a profile for F4 from the freetrack website that I've to add by hand while I've put it in the profile folder of the soft (the refresh button is just removing it from the list).

In the freetrack software everything seems ok for all axis but in the game only the yaw and pitch are working (but not really always smoothly) ...

There are also some other things I don't understand: if I increase the sensitivity too much then then yaw behaves in a weird way. If I turn my head right it's ok but if I look down and then right it turns left in the game...

So I must miss some things either in the game configurations or in the freetrack software but I don't see what :(

Any idea ?
Thanks.
Steph #2 28/01/2013 - 08h50

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

did you set up your specific mount dimensions in the "Model"-section?
You have to measure them and filled in the cases:

Posted Image

The compatibility list gives two axis for condor and three (or four) for Falcon4. I don't know for Falcon4 BMS.

There are also some other things I don't understand: if I increase the sensitivity too much then then yaw behaves in a weird way. If I turn my head right it's ok but if I look down and then right it turns left in the game...

If the scull head exceed 180° the movement inverses:
Check these boxes to avoid this behaviour:

Posted Image
thelopka #3 28/01/2013 - 12h07

Off line

Thanks for the quick reply !

I did set the model dimensions but didn't do it for the model position... I'll measure that and check what it changes.

As for the relative translation I'll check that and see how it goes.

For falcon 4 BMS, I've seen some video where people were able to move along all the axis except maybe the roll axis as you might be able to see in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yYWc_l4B6w
Zaphod #4 28/01/2013 - 14h48

Registered on : 29/04/2009

Off line

6DOF is not available in BMS by default, you have to manually enable it in the settings:

Main menu
Setup
Controllers
Advanced
Enable TrackIR Vector
Here you can also set TrackIR Vector Z Axis Mode to Z Axis Control or FOV zoom.
thelopka #5 28/01/2013 - 18h45

Off line

Thanks a lot to you two !
Now it works like a charm :)

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > No X,Z,Y axis with F4 BMS & Condor

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).