FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Hi, & a question
Jazzer #1 11/11/2007 - 11h10

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 10/11/2007

Off line

Hi,
first thanks a lot for this amazing software. Its obviously had a lot of work put into it.
I have made a 4 point cap that works pretty well as it has 4 leds off unsused remote controls that were lying around the house. I am going to replace those with the suggested Osrams when I get chance.
The webcam I'm using is a Logitech Quickcam Web that is OK but the viewing area seems to be very small. Its even smaller looking through the freetrack software than it is through the Logitech stuff. Does anyone of a way to increase this field of view please? If not I will just buy a different one.
Thanks again.
J  :)
Edit
I have placed it as far away as I can.
Edited by Jazzer on 11/11/2007 at 11h22.
Paperinik #2 11/11/2007 - 22h44

Registered on : 02/10/2007

Off line

Try to change webcam resolution.
In freetrack click on "stream" pushbutton, here you can change capture resolution.
Try other than you have selected and see if a visual field is increased.

Bye,

Pap
Jazzer #3 12/11/2007 - 19h21

Registered on : 10/11/2007

Off line

Thanks for the advice. I tried that and it didn't make any difference. I need quite a large filming area because I play Arma a lot which will have me sat further from the cam than Falcon using a Hotas or GTR2 using a wheel. I figure on buying a Microsoft XV1000 and trying that. I've read here that they are quite commonly used in FT and they are not that expensive unless someone has an alternative suggestion with a large filming area.
Thanks again,
J :)

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).