FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > DCS: A-10c Zoom instead of lean, how?

RSS >  DCS: A-10c Zoom instead of lean, how?
theelous3 #1 23/08/2012 - 05h00

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 23/08/2012

Off line

Hi there :D
When I lean forward (in real life) in order to zoom, I appear to lean forward in game, and not zoom.

I am trying to setup so that I can zoom in any direction, like you can with the first person privew in freetrack with the zoom box ticked.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

PS: Love freetrack so far!
Steph #2 23/08/2012 - 08h00

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Maybe the A-10C 6Dof implantation doesn't preview large zoom for the z-axis.
Many games doesn't, considering that this is not a natural behaviour and not realistic.
I don't know for DCS.
Maybe here.
theelous3 #3 23/08/2012 - 15h44

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 23/08/2012

Off line

Steph @ 23/08/2012 - 10h00 a dit:

Maybe the A-10C 6Dof implantation doesn't preview large zoom for the z-axis.
Many games doesn't, considering that this is not a natural behaviour and not realistic.
I don't know for DCS.
Maybe here.

It's a lot more realistic than only being able to move your head along the Z axis. Can't get a closer look at any of the left / right panels, and only a top down view of the lower front panels unless I want to have my Y translation crazy high, which is a massive inconvenience, and requires me to do squats to move up and down.

It might be good exercise, but it's a hell of a lot less realistic than moving my head like a human :P

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > DCS: A-10c Zoom instead of lean, how?

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).