FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > New to this community, Need a bit of advice

RSS >  New to this community, Need a bit of advice, Bought a PS3 eye.
Zone #1 22/01/2012 - 03h04

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 22/01/2012

Off line

First off i would just like to say. WOW. Im glad there's alternatives to buying the TRACKIR.  ;)
When i first wanted to setup head tracking with IR'S i was going to use my kinnect, course lack of drivers and hassle on x64 systems drove me to the point of just buying a PS3 eye. Im quite impressed!!!  :rolleyes:
However, my EYE doesn't seem/want to run at the 70fps it says it suppose to run at, also ive noticed that my 6DOF seems limited to 4DOF in 2 games ive tested so far. I haven't done anything to the filter yet, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the fact its running so low.
Im still tweaking with my settings, sorry if im already asking questions that have already been asked.
Also before i leave it out, im using the TrackIRPRO clip as its a device that's premade.
Edited by Zone on 22/01/2012 at 03h06.
Steph #2 22/01/2012 - 18h07

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi Zone,

However, my EYE doesn't seem/want to run at the 70fps it says it suppose to run at,

As far as I know, the PS3eye makes 120 FPS and run with 60FPS max. in Freetrack, which is quite enough for smooth tracking.

also ive noticed that my 6DOF seems limited to 4DOF in 2 games ive tested so far.

This depends on game, you can see possible degrees of freedom for many game in this list:
http://www.free-track.net/english/freetrack/liste-titres-compatibles.php

(Move the mouse over the title of the game and you can see the supported axis on the right.)
Zone #3 23/01/2012 - 07h00

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 22/01/2012

Off line

I found the settings to run in different FPS depending on resolution.
I was able to get it to run at 120FPS @ 320x240, or 640x480@75FPS
Ive used ARMA2, IL2 1946, GRID. Im a bit limited but it still gives me a great experience.
Is there anything i should know about model dimension or focal length/sensor width ?
Steph #4 23/01/2012 - 10h53

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

As long as you can get 30FPS out of it, it works flawlessly smooth.
I dont know for Arma and Grid, but in IL-2 you can get 6dof working with UP-Mod or with the new Patch 4.11 from TD where 6dof is already implanted.

Is there anything i should know about model dimension or focal length/sensor width ?

I never touched focal lengh/sensorwidth.
In model dimension you have to set up the dimension of your Track-IR clip.
Measure as accurate as possible the dimension between the LED-points in reference to  the middle LED (R) and set them in.
Have a look to the "model position" set-up also. These are important to get a symmetric movement output.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > New to this community, Need a bit of advice

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).