FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > want to buy a camera for freetrack

RSS >  want to buy a camera for freetrack
fael097 #1 27/01/2011 - 12h50

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 25/01/2011

Off line

hey people, i have two webcams, a logitech quickcam for notebooks, and a microsoft lifecam.

with the microsoft i cant set the color properly for using with freetrack, my image becomes gray/black instead of red/black, and i have only one option of color.

with the quickcam, i have rgb24, and the other one, wich i dont remember the name, but the proper for using with freetrack, but with that camera, i have low fps. yes, i disabled auto exposure and everything, but its an old cam, so fps is still low, and my system is a i7 930 with 6gb of ram ddr3, so it shouldnt be low at all.

so im thinking of buying a new webcam... wich one you suggest? ill buy it just for freetrack, i made a 3 point clip wiht red bright leds and its working, except for the low fps. sometimes freetrack loses one point, and takes one or two second to find back, but i believe thats because of low fps.

i wanted a cheap webcam, but i wanted to get at least 40fps, i currently get 5~10 and it isnt a good gaming experience.

what do you suggest?
thanks in advance
Bash #2 27/01/2011 - 15h27

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 27/01/2011

Off line

Hello,

I hear the PS3 EYE is really good for freeetrack but you might do some search on it.

Bash

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > want to buy a camera for freetrack

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).