FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > -> ps3eye CLeye driver Win7 FIX for Freetrack 2.2.0.279 <-

RSS >  -> ps3eye CLeye driver Win7 FIX for Freetrack 2.2.0.279 <-, ps3eye can work now
caution9 #76 13/12/2012 - 06h41

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 12/12/2012

Off line

The program is very buggy for me using the PS3 eye.  FreeTrack 2.2.0.279, CLEye 5.3.0.0341  Window XP Pro SP3 32-bit

1.  Click "Start" with the Demo Video as the Source.
Program gives the error:  "No combination of filters could be found to render the stream. ($80040218)."

2.  Set PS3 eye as Source, click "Start".
Program crashes immediately. "Unhandled win32 exception in FreeTrack.exe [2940]."

3.  Start program, select PS3 eye as Source, click Camera, try to change any of the sliders/settings.
Program crashes immediately. "Unhandled win32 exception in FreeTrack.exe [964]."

4.  When the program does crash it has a tendency to keep the camera active.  The red LED on the camera is on.  Every attempt to use the camera in FreeTrack from then on fails until I open and close the CL-Eye Test program from Code Laboratories.

5.  I can not use the program with the PS3 eye without using the PS3 eye fix "Freetrack2.2.0.279CLeyePatch" provided here on the forum.  I recommend the devs mention the patch on the download page.

Most of the above errors still occur or give different errors or behaviors after installing the fix.

6.  After installing the PS3 eye fix.  With the PS3 eye camera selected as source, when I press Start.
Program crashes immediately.  "Unhandled win32 exception in FreeTrack.exe [2832]."

7.  If I click Stream first as recommended in the forum then Start the camera.
The program gives the error. "Access violation at address 7C90100B in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address 00000E4C."  FreeTrack does start tracking most of the time though.  You can't tell initially that it is working since I've noticed it turns all the camera settings down to 0.  If I go into the camera settings and turn up the white balance some, I can see the dots in the right display.  The head on the left is missing though (black box).

If I minimize the program and then click on it the skull is back up in the left window and working.

The Start/Stop button text never changes from "Start" but still works like normal.

8. FreeTrack does not remember where I set the camera settings a lot of the time.  Each time I run the program or start/stop the camera I must set the Gain, Exposure, and White Balance again.

9.  When I close the program by clicking on the close "X", click Yes to close.
Program crashes immediately. "Unhandled win32 exception occurred in FreeTrack.exe [3428]."

9.  I have tried some of the older CL-Eye drivers and FreeTrack programs with no luck.  Different errors appear of I can't get the camera to work at all with FreeTrack.

10.  The camera or program doesn't run at the FPS setting you pick under stream.  In most of the setting I was getting less than what I set.  ex. Set stream at 320 x 240 px (32 bits) @ 100.000 FPS get 85 FPS in the program.

I am able to get 115 FPS if I set the Stream at 320 x 240 px (32 bits) @ 125.000 FPS and the Actual webcam FPS in the second tab to the max 120.  I havn't tried all the settings yet.

My start-up procedure:
1. Launch FreeTrack v2.2
2. Click "Stream" button
3. Click "OK" button if camera stream is the one I want
4. Click "Start" button
5. Click "OK" button on error message
6. Click "Camera" button and adjust camera settings back to your settings if it forgot.
7. If I want to view the skull (left window), or check to see if it's working.  Minimize the program, then click on it in the taskbar (by clock) to bring it back up.

These are just errors I've encountered getting the program to function somewhat with the PS3 eye.  I havn't ventured much into the other settings/aspects of the FreeTrack program.  I am only using 1-point tracking at the moment.  I'm going to build a 3 point IR clip when my parts come in from Digi-Key.  The PS3 eye is listed as one if not the best camera to use with FreeTrack, I figured it would have worked from the beginning without this much trouble.

I probable should have started a new thread with my post but it mostly pertains to this thread.  If you would like I'll move it to a new thread.

I noticed the program hasn't been updated since 2008 (no updates, no new games added, no developers on the forums, very few changes to the website)

Questions:
1. Does anyone have any ideas or ways of fixing these problems?
2. Is anyone working to fix these problems?
3. Has the program been abandoned by the developers?
4. Is there a bug list anywhere?
5. Where can you download a complete copy of the source code?
6. Where are the instructions on setting up the programming environment and compiling the source?

-caution9
Steph #77 13/12/2012 - 08h45

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi caution9,

welcome on board with a good summary of the actual situation in here.
Many questions. Unfortunately few answers you will get here.
We are less than five users trying to responding on questions to keep this forum and program alive.

It is deplorable that there are no news at all from the admins and devs for month now. Even more there are some new hardware solutions (PS3 Eye) out there. But that's how it is.

Here's what I know about your questions:

1. Does anyone have any ideas or ways of fixing these problems?

As long as these problems are still unrepeatable depending on os and/or drivers... no.

2. Is anyone working to fix these problems?

As far as I know: no.

3. Has the program been abandoned by the developers?

I still hope not, but I'm rather pessimist.

4. Is there a bug list anywhere?

No.

5. Where can you download a complete copy of the source code?

http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=3470&message=17904

6. Where are the instructions on setting up the programming environment and compiling the source?

I don't know.
Wissam24 #78 08/01/2013 - 19h26

Registered on : 08/01/2013

Off line

Hi all, I hope someone is still around to help me.

I've managed to get Freetrack working and have used it very successfully in games now, however I've had this problem a couple of times too (and I don't know how to fix it). I install the camera and drivers as in the first post, and then if I go to CL Eye test, it shows up fine and the camera is working. However, if I then go to Freetrack, set it up and hit start, the three dots appear very briefly and then disappear, and my JPS goes down to zero. If I then quite FT and go to CLEye test, the camera doesn't appear again.

As I said, I'm not sure what's going on because I have got it working before and it's been brilliant.

I should point out, I have installed, reinstalled, and re-reinstalled drivers, both new and old for the Eye, and done the patch instructions several times. This happens every time now.
Edited by Wissam24 on 11/01/2013 at 15h22.
BloodBane611 #79 02/02/2013 - 22h15

Registered on : 02/10/2011

Off line

I had some issues getting my PS3 eye to work, but I really love the results, so I wanted to share my solution.

I am using Windows 7 x64, bought my PS3 eye from Amazon (bulk package, bought 2, received 1 good version and 1 bad).

After messing with many drivers, I ended up using CL Eye Driver 4.0.2.1017, and the driver fix in this thread (thanks!). Using other drivers caused me to crash even with the fix, or didn't allow me to adjust the stream, most importantly framerate and resolution.
zaelu #80 10/02/2013 - 10h03

Registered on : 29/09/2007

Off line

I keep the test camera program from CLEYE at the ready. When FT goes mad and refuse to start, I think it just lets parts of the camera started and cannot make a "clean" start.

So I close FT completely then start the camera test program... all OK there... then I close camera test and restart FT. Click first on stream... OK... then Start. 99% of the times it works.

It doesn't crash after a good start.

Also.

If I forget to close FT when I shutdown the PC the camera Red LED remains ON like the camera is still recording. Upon restart the FT will fail if I don't start and stop camera test which will reset this LED to off.

Also I can unplug the USB of the camera with similar effect... the Red LED shutting down.
Pmba79 #81 24/07/2016 - 09h25

Registered on : 20/02/2015

Off line

Anyone still here ?

Just like that I no longer can select the ps3 eye as a source in FT..

I didn't make any changes to my system..

Anyone got an idea as to why ?
Stormrider #82 24/07/2016 - 10h52

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

maybe some other application is using your ps3-eye?
Pmba79 #83 26/07/2016 - 09h32

Off line

Stormrider @ 24/07/2016 - 12h52 a dit:

maybe some other application is using your ps3-eye?

What should that be ?
I have never used it for anything else than the headtracker..
It's no longer usable as a webcam after I changed the filter in it..
Stormrider #84 26/07/2016 - 17h18

Off line

First you need to find out if your ps3-eye is working or this  is a freetrack problem.
Do the leds on your ps3-eye light-up?I think the blue one means that is has power and the red one means that it is used for some application.
Is the ps3-eye fix/patch still present?
If you know since when you have this problem maybe go back to a previous state of your pc by using a restore point.

What should that be ?

It is possible that some software got updated and has changed something in you setting and now are using your webcam.Examples are skype and if you have a nvidia graphiccard you can have something named shadowplay.
Pmba79 #85 28/07/2016 - 09h08

Off line

Stormrider @ 26/07/2016 - 19h18 a dit:

First you need to find out if your ps3-eye is working or this  is a freetrack problem.
Do the leds on your ps3-eye light-up?I think the blue one means that is has power and the red one means that it is used for some application.
Is the ps3-eye fix/patch still present?
If you know since when you have this problem maybe go back to a previous state of your pc by using a restore point.

What should that be ?

It is possible that some software got updated and has changed something in you setting and now are using your webcam.Examples are skype and if you have a nvidia graphiccard you can have something named shadowplay.

The blue led lights up and the camera have power.. The CL-eye test says the camera mic is working but not the camera function..
I can see the camera in the Device manager..

I don't have skype installed and I have never had shadowplay's camera fucktion active..
Could shadowplay be locking the webcam anyway ?
Edited by Pmba79 on 28/07/2016 at 09h14.
Stormrider #86 28/07/2016 - 16h58

Off line

Could shadowplay be locking the webcam anyway ?

I would not be surprised, computers are computers and can have strange behaviour from time to time.

I checked on my pc what happens if an other appliclation is using the ps3-eye, I don't get an image on the cl-eye test software but it still shows that there is a ps3-eye.So I don't think that something is hijacking your ps3-eye.That leaves us that there is something wrong with the loaded driver.
If you go to the device manager how does it look there?
Mine looks like this, it is dutch but I think you still can figure out what everything means ;)
Posted Image
If it is the same, check if al the windows things are installed properly and updated like described here: https://codelaboratories.com/forums/viewthread/679/#1925
It is some older post but it gives you an idea what to look for.
Edited by Stormrider on 28/07/2016 at 16h58.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > -> ps3eye CLeye driver Win7 FIX for Freetrack 2.2.0.279 <-

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).