FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  No connection via Simconnect
protonmw #16 12/10/2007 - 17h56

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 25/09/2007

Off line

The SDK documents say this:

The SimConnect.cfg file contains communications information for a client. This file is only required if a client is going to access Flight Simulator running on a remote machine, and should be placed in the My Documents folder, or in the same folder as the client application or library, on the computer the client is running on. Also make sure to run the SimConnect.msi installer on the remote client machine which installs the WinSxS library, found in the \lib folder.

Its a little bit tricky but it works. I think (but Im not sure) that the securitysystem of vista tries to secure the Users folders. Thats one reason, why i didnt got a logfile on C:\ ! D:\ is working...

BTW: When I zoom in (moving to the cam) and then hold, the view in fsx slowly moves a little bit backwards. If i try to hit a switch with the mouse this isnt useful. how can i stop this? More smoothnes? or less?
Kestrel #17 13/10/2007 - 02h11

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

protonmw @ 12/10/2007 - 19h56 a dit:

I think (but Im not sure) that the securitysystem of vista tries to secure the Users folders.

Vista's security features sometimes seem to be more trouble than their worth. :dry:

When I zoom in (moving to the cam) and then hold, the view in fsx slowly moves a little bit backwards. If i try to hit a switch with the mouse this isnt useful. how can i stop this? More smoothnes? or less?

You can reduce zoom (z-axis) sensitivity, increase zoom smoothing and/or consider using the 'Stable' hotkey which toggles a preset amount of smoothing to stabilize the view. You can also pause tracking via hotkey to keep the view fixed for as long as you want (unlike TrackIR which goes back to default view after a few seconds  :p ).

You could also try using the zoom smoothing multiplier to increase smoothing (and stability) only when you move your head forward.

Hopefully the next version of MSFS will use a cockpit-relative mouse instead of a view-relative mouse, so you'll be able to press fiddly buttons in the cockpit even while the view is moving.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).