FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Help with PPJoy
musicopr #1 06/02/2010 - 04h32

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 29/01/2010

Off line

Hi, to everybody here. Does anybody here knows how PPJoy works? I would like to build a hang glider simulator using a wiimote but i don't know how PPJoy works. I will appreciate any help with this
regards
musicopr
smart026 #2 21/07/2010 - 19h08

Registered on : 13/05/2010

Off line

Hi musicopr,
This is my first post but I think I can help a little bit. I use PPJoy for another purpose; to interface with a custom software I am working on with the Wiimote. Basically once you install PPJoy on your computer it is pretty straight forward. You have to connect the Wiimote to your computer through bluetooth (I use the Azio bluetooth dongle with Bluesoleil). Then you can open Configure Joysticks from PPJoy and add the Wiimote as a virtual device. Here you can setup the DOF, POV hats and the buttons you want to work. When you open free-track you are then able to get the data out from free-track and the Wiimote as if it were a joystick. To output the data from free-track it would show up as Wiimote #1, just as it did before PPJoy but you have to make sure on the "Outputs" tab in freetrack you have a check mark in the box for PPJoy and set the controller to 1.  You can also use the game controllers in the control panel on windows to calibrate it. In my case the numbers that are output from the controller are just as important as the actual movements. So if I interact with a virtual object I need to know its numerical position aside from just which direction it is moving. So for me this, the numbers are way off, but the direction of the movement has been excellent. If you need more detail or step by step to set it up I have done this on 4 computers and it has worked every time.
slaver1 #3 22/07/2010 - 07h34

Registered on : 08/02/2010

Off line

PPjoy beta for Vista/W7 x64 is also available:
http://drop.io/ppjoy0846testrelease
serenananie #4 23/10/2010 - 07h28

Registered on : 30/09/2010

Off line

where did you infomation come from?the information you provided is detailed,i will have a try

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).