FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > Logitech Quickcam Orbit or HP KQ246AA

RSS >  Logitech Quickcam Orbit or HP KQ246AA, questions - help
pychon #1 14/12/2009 - 00h24

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 14/12/2009

Off line

New to forum and noticed the quickcam orbit is supported. However, question I have is what modifications will I need to make on the QuickCam Orbit in order for it to work?  Do I need to add film??

Also, if any modificaitons are needed at all on the Quickcam... my other solution would be to purchase an HP KQ246AA, unsure if this is supported or has IR film. I'll call HP tomorrow to find that out. Reason I want to go with the HP KQ246AA is that its slim vs the Quickcam and can sit over the flat-screen, whereas the Quickcam can not.

As for the IR head tracking LED's , does anyone here mass produce them or now of any alternate sources?

Ah... just found the TrackClip PRO, I'll be using that and assume it works with any IR webcam. OR does anyone here have a template to build something just as slim?
Edited by pychon on 14/12/2009 at 01h18.
Chunk3ym4n #2 15/12/2009 - 08h01

Registered on : 15/12/2009

Off line

I want to know as well since there is a REALLY good deal on the HP KQ246AA AND it can record at a high FPS.
pychon #3 15/12/2009 - 22h06

Registered on : 14/12/2009

Off line

Oh... How I despise overseas Tech support, spent nearly 90min on the phone, half of that was transfers and going through the BS policies and procedures to gather personal information, which I will ultimately refuse just to get some technical questions regarding a product.

Anyway, HP support makes claims that the HP KQ246AA has No IR filter. Either way with the price you can't beat it.

Both Amazon and BestBuy are selling it for $22.99
catar #4 27/12/2009 - 01h21

Registered on : 27/12/2009

Off line

I got Orbit and you don't have to make any modifications to it. Works fine

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > Logitech Quickcam Orbit or HP KQ246AA

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).