FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Thank you
PropNut #1 02/08/2009 - 05h14

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 02/08/2009

Off line

Really, I just wanted to say thank you.

I was repared to drop 169.99 later next week to purchase the Track IR, I had been surfing YouTube to watch others use thier system to play games (including Rise of Flight, the reason I wanted a head tracking system), when I came across a video detailing how to convert a cheap webcam and baseball cap into a head tracking system for PC games!

I must say, an old camera out of the junk drawer and some cheap LED's from another junk drawer and I had myself a free head tracking system for Rise of Flight! I have been having a ball, the hardware and software setup was a breeze (except for that 24 hour period where i pulled my hear out because I had forgotten to reconnect the focus ring and so everything was soo out of focus it would not work, but that was completely my fault).

This is a great piece of software and I wanted to say "thank you" for taking the time to create it.

SO....thank you.
Makeshift #2 05/08/2009 - 13h24

Registered on : 31/07/2009

Off line

2nd that post I fly IL2 alot online with my buddys who all use TrackIR4-5
Was just about to get it thought I would give this a try.
Will still get TrackIR5 later this year but not so much a rush now that I use this.
Thanks for some great work also think the boys at NaturalPoint should tip you as this software helped me make up my mind in getting trackIR5  :)
col888 #3 15/08/2009 - 14h19

Registered on : 15/08/2009

Off line

Id also like to say thanks to the Freetrack team, its an awesome bit of software, thanks for letting us have it for free. Im using a wiimote with a homemade 3 point model headset, and it works perfectly, no need for me to buy a TrackIR anymore.
mneoud #4 29/08/2009 - 07h15

Registered on : 23/08/2009

Off line

Also i was on the point of buying TrackIR5 with the proclip at the costs of around €179,- (including VAT), when i came along freetrack on youtube. I invested in a webcam and have myself now a excellent working tracking system for fsx (need some more tweaking to do on my system). So thank you for this great piece of software
Salvaje9 #5 17/10/2009 - 14h31

Registered on : 13/10/2009

Off line

Thanks to the FreeTrack team for doing a great job on this software.  The setup I built is with the Wii controller and it works amazing I must say.  My Donation is on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I call on all those that are able to Donate to the the FreeTrack team to do so.
schermvlieger #6 29/10/2009 - 18h04

Registered on : 19/08/2009

Off line

I would also like to say thanks to the developers of freetrack, and to the people who were so kind to document and share their webcam mods and cap/clip builds!

Besides the reduced cost, it is so much more satisfying to build something yourself. For me, that is a large part of the fun of it!
XGB63 #7 26/11/2009 - 13h01

Registered on : 26/11/2009

Off line

schermvlieger @ 29/10/2009 - 19h04 a dit:

I
Besides the reduced cost, it is so much more satisfying to build something yourself. For me, that is a large part of the fun of it!

That is one main reason I have decided to try it too.  I would get alot more  satisfaction out of building my own.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).