FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Getting games to work
Explodey #1 09/01/2009 - 17h42

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 09/01/2009

Off line

Hi guys, finally got my setup happening, and after a few teething problems, my cam is picking up my 3 point well.
I have poured over the forums however, (with no success), trying to get FT to work in a game. GTR2 particually, but rF as well. I see some posts, but they either sorted themselves out, our gave up on it.
I have tried several options in the output menu, but nothing. I tried d/l the profile, and extracting it as instructed, but GTR2 does not show on the profile list. rF is on the list, but will still not work, even pressing the U button in game to activate free roam does nothing. All I have done is install FT, select cam, fiddled with threshold a bit, then tried a game.
Surely I do not need to re-install all my games that I wish to use FT with?
Any help/ideas much appreciated, I have been frustrating myself for the last 3 hours now, and its 3 am, so I am off to bed. Hopefully some answers will await me in the morning.

Thanks in advance.
Explodey #2 10/01/2009 - 06h05

Off line

Apparently it just doesn't work with some games, or more importantly, some systems. Anyone know how games detect whether programs like FT are running, maybe I have a box unchecked somewhere in my system?
Explodey #3 11/01/2009 - 04h08

Off line

As a sort of a diary on my progress:
Have tried reinstalling some games, and installing new games - no progress.
Have tried uinstalling 2.2, and using 2.1 - no progress, even tho GTR2 is on the profile list of 2.1.
I could understand if it was just one game, but no games work for me.

Games tried:
GTR2 x
GTL   x
rFactor  x
GTR Evo x
NKP  x

I have IL2 and LOMAC as the only flying sims, and yet to try them.
I have read that many people are having problems with GTR2 etc, is this being addressed, or is this a dead end for these games?
Explodey #4 13/01/2009 - 11h54

Off line

Getting this line in the windows run command run command:

REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX
Explodey #5 16/01/2009 - 05h58

Off line

YAY! Success!
After some more mucking around, I finally it to work.
For some reason, when you choose to un-install FT, it doesnt remove the file on your C: drive. After un-installing, make sure you delete the folder called "freetrack" on your C: ( or were you chose to install ).
After doing this, and then a re-install, and also a re-install of my cam drivers it works perfect.
Hope this helps anyone in the future.
babasior #6 16/01/2009 - 08h19

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

Thanks for feedback  ;)

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).