FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > finally I figured out how to get fsx to work

RSS >  finally I figured out how to get fsx to work
jj1000 #1 11/10/2008 - 03h34

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 08/10/2008

Off line

Left 2 messages but got no replies but I will share the secret to fsx and v 2.2.
just install v 2.2 nothing fancy and you can start a new profile and adjust the sen. of the pitch and yaw axis to look around cockpit but do not touch the z axis if you do and even if you don't change anything you will never be able to stay in the cockpit and look around. It works great now so just don't adjust anything but the pitch and yaw.
jj1000 #2 11/10/2008 - 03h36

Registered on : 08/10/2008

Off line

btw I using v 2.2, wii remote with very high jitter still works, bluesoleil, 3 ir led on cap from old remotes, and the cheapest micro bluetooth dongle on ebay.
eyucel #3 12/10/2008 - 09h57

Registered on : 20/09/2008

Off line

Congradulations. I was looking for a solution urgently. Thanks
GMark #4 13/10/2008 - 20h56

Registered on : 13/10/2008

Off line

Well I am very new to the FreeTrack environment, so I have never used a version earlier than 2.2. I built my tracking unit (for headphones) and am using an Eye Toy camera. I followed all instructions and the thing actually works (was there a doubt?). My problem is that in FSX, my view from the VC is way out of wack (as in "out of the cockpit") and way too sensitive. I have read every forum post that I can find regarding FSX - including jj's post about leaving the Z axis alone. Although I'm not sure just what parameter on what screen he is referring to.  Also read the post regarding "profiles" and that was a bit ambiguous too (for a newcomer).

So I am stuck with a working FreeTrack setup that doesn't work with FSX (I don't even have FS9 installed anymore). Is it useful to consider deleting the 2.2 version of FastTrack and re-installing 2.1 or did that version not support FSX?

Any help would be appreciated... else I guess I'll just have to re-install the IR filter and use the EyeToy as a video cam (not the goal state).

Cheers!

Gmark
didja #5 19/10/2008 - 13h01

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

A hotfix will be released soon so FreeTrack will work with FSX.

Rémy
Posted Image
zkalos #6 19/10/2008 - 14h35

Registered on : 15/10/2007

Off line Mail

And working 6DOF in FS2004 will be in the next patch Didja?
DavidT #7 19/10/2008 - 15h48

Registered on : 18/10/2008

Off line Mail

Used 2.1 with FSX no problem,  As rer\ported by many, 2.2 has me jumping all over the place and just a partial plane.  Setting at LAX.  I did notice that when I press the CENTER button, it shows me in the cockpit but as soon as I release it I'm all over the place.  Hope this may provide a clue.  Looking forward to the fix.  DavidT
didja #8 19/10/2008 - 19h41

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

I already tested the fix, it works !!! :D

About FS2004, if you just install FreeTrack, install TrackIR (see the link in the help file) and copy Tirviews.dll into the FreeTrack directory, then you select only the TrackIR output : FS2004 should be 6DOF for everyone... :D :D

Rémy :D
Posted Image
zkalos #9 19/10/2008 - 20h17

Off line Mail

Didja,
Thank you, but I wrote in the forum, that this is not working for me, as for others not too. If I copy Tirview.dll, freetrack do nothing in fs2004. I configured freetrack properly, but not working. See this:
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=1178
Quarrion #10 20/10/2008 - 02h40

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 09/10/2008

Off line

zkalos @ 19/10/2008 - 22h17 a dit:

Didja,
Thank you, but I wrote in the forum, that this is not working for me, as for others not too. If I copy Tirview.dll, freetrack do nothing in fs2004. I configured freetrack properly, but not working. See this:
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=1178

fs2004 6dof works fine for me, the trackir website has this to say about it:

1. Enable Virtual Cockpit (Required!)

Whenever you Start a flight, you must right click on the view and select "virtual cockpit."

2. Best Performance possible.

We strongly recommend that you set your target frame rate to a minimum of 30 frames per second.

3. MS FS2004 vs. FS2002

If you have software version 4.0 (or later), FS2004 no longer requires a DLL in the modules directory. Only FS2002 requires the DLL.

4. How to fix the conflict between TrackIR and Active camera 2004

First of all TrackIR generates its own head latency, which is natural. If Active Camera 2004 is installed its head latency is counteracting with TrackIR’s natural head movement (one program is fighting the other).

If you use TrackIR along with Active Camera 2004 then simply disable the Active Camera 2004 head latency option - which then makes an interesting use of the view presets, which is a nice complement to TrackIR.

In Spot plane view Active Camera 2004 and TrackIR are working perfectly together. The same can be said for external pilot view (easy to pan with TrackIR and walk with the number pad keys).

5. Non-English language versions of MSFS2004.

Make sure you have the standard language.dll installed with FS2004. Some custom versions of the DLL remove strings required by TrackIR.

Ensure that the notification messages in FS2004 are turned on. The notifications appear in the upper right corner in red when switching to the virtual cockpit. The setting is found in your fs9.cfg file located by default in:

c:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9
[Main]
HideInfoText=0

- We have tested support for FS2004 running the [b]English, German, French, Italian and Spanish[/b] localized versions. If you are running the Japanese version and have problems, please contact us.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/03-enhanced-games/game-flight-simulator-2004.html
zkalos #11 20/10/2008 - 15h54

Off line Mail

THX Quarrion !
I will uninstall DBS Walk and Follow (similar to Active Camera 2004), than reinstall the ''language.dll'' from FS2004 disk (I have custom versions too), I will write to the fs9.config the the ''[Main]
HideInfoText=0''text, and I hope this will help for me. Thank you Quarrion !!!
zkalos #12 20/10/2008 - 16h45

Off line Mail

Hey Quarrion !!! and the Developers !!!
Thank YOUUUUUU for the helps !!!!!!!
I'am just only overwrite  the language.dll from the orig FS 2004 disk, and the 6DOF works fine for me too!!! I have a little bug in the UI screen too than otherones (not adjustables the camera options), but in the next patch I hope this will be corrected.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
I wait then 6DOF function in FS 2004 for one year, and I'am very happy now!
A BIG THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This message not read every FS2004 user, therefore please write to the forum or the manual  this hint from the custom "language.dll " bug, because I'am not alone for this problem with the not working 6DOF in FS 2004.
Sorry for my bad english !
Thank you !
Flynt #13 26/08/2012 - 16h24

Registered on : 26/08/2012

Off line

I tried to d/l the trackir file from the link.  I keep getting a blank web page, won't let me download any of the trackir versions.  I could download the manuals but not the updated versions of trackir.  Anyone else have this problem?
P.S. I tried again and I got the download this time!
Edited by Flynt on 26/08/2012 at 22h08.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > finally I figured out how to get fsx to work

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).