FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Unable to Calibrate after enabling PPJoy

RSS >  Unable to Calibrate after enabling PPJoy
Firecat #1 19/08/2007 - 16h18

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 19/08/2007

Off line

Howdy,
I'd first like to say "Thanks!" for such a great application!  I built my LED headset yesterday (after which my wife promptly giggled and took pictures saying that I was a lovable "dork"  : D ).  Freetrack is running well with it and my tests with Aces High II were a complete success!   My trouble has come with trying to enable Joystick emulation with PPJoy so that I can use Freetrack with my first love, FSX.

After setting up a controller in PPJoy per the manual, I enabled the Joystick emulation in Freetrack.  Here's where my trouble begins.  The Game Controller calibration does not appear to receive any inputs when attempting to calibrate.  When I select show data, the numbers listed there do not change at all either.  I'm wondering if there's some conflict with my CH Control Manager as I have CH Flightstick, CH Throttle, and rudder pedals running through it?

I'm running XP SP2.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.  And thanks again for a great site!  Merci beaucoup mes amis!
-Firecat
Firecat #2 19/08/2007 - 19h39

Off line

Well, after removing and adding the virtual joystick many times, I've finally got it working.  I couldn't tell you what I did differently between the last time and the first time, though...

Now if only I can improve the response time in FSX.  The delay in movement is giving me a headache...
didja #3 19/08/2007 - 22h07

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

Hi !

It will be better when FSX will be natively supported with FreeTrack... and we'll have the 6DOF !

http://freetrack.online.fr/english/freetrack/imagesListeCompatible/

And I'm happy to see you could resolve your problem with PPJoy... : D

Rémy
Posted Image
Kestrel #4 20/08/2007 - 02h33

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

The next version will allow you to select the PPJoy virtual joystick controller number to avoid these problems.
Firecat #5 20/08/2007 - 10h27

Off line

Thanks for the responses!  You guys really have done a great job!
-Firecat
jebarber #6 24/08/2007 - 00h41

Registered on : 24/08/2007

Off line

I'm having the same problem.

I have gotten everything to map to the ppjoy except the x axis (turn head left and right) and the z rotation (zoom in and out).

I have tried removing and recreating the virtual joystick many times but I always get the same result.
Izzy #7 29/08/2007 - 21h49

Registered on : 29/08/2007

Off line

I too am haveing trouble with PPJoy

BTW Great program many mercis from a old redneck in south carolina

Just wish I could get it working in FSX

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Unable to Calibrate after enabling PPJoy

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).