FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Falcon 4 (or any other suggestion?)

RSS >  Falcon 4 (or any other suggestion?)
rogermorse #1 14/05/2008 - 21h42

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 11/05/2008

Off line

I would like to test my freetrack system with a airplane game. I only know falcon 4 and IL2 sturmovik. I just know the names and saw some videos. But I really don't know how is the gameplay.

Anyway, I like modern warfare, so Falcon 4 would be nice for me. Can you suggest me a good game controller for Airplane games? What joystick?

thanks!
Deimos #2 15/05/2008 - 01h55

Registered on : 07/11/2007

Off line

Well it's hard to beat Microsoft joysticks, but they aren't manufactured anymore, so i'd say go for Saitek. Since it seems to me that this will be your first joystick, X-52 will probably be a bit too much ;) The cyborg EVO Force is quite good: position of top buttons and hand support is adjustable, so you can set it up to fit your hand perfectly, it's rather durable (using mine for few months now, still no wear on potentiometers), and the force feedback feature is great. You can get a cheaper version without FF, but it's really worth paying few extra bucks/pounds/euros/whatever for Force Feedback version.
rogermorse #3 15/05/2008 - 06h39

Off line

Thanks! I had already seen those joysticks in shops.

I saw two versions of X52: normal and pro. What's the difference? Do they have both force feedback?

But i think cyborg EVO is good for me to begin ;) what do you think? Are there enough buttons to command airplanes ? :)
rogermorse #4 15/05/2008 - 07h01

Off line

Oh and which other combat game would you suggest? I really don't know titles....i just heard about falcon 4 and IL2, but I'm sure there are some others game you know well. For instance, what do you think about Lock On modern air combat?

Among these threes (the one I know): falcon 4, IL2 1946 and Lock on, which would you prefer?

I saw that lock on has only 2 DOF....the others have 6 DOF, and that's good ^^
Deimos #5 15/05/2008 - 11h42

Registered on : 07/11/2007

Off line

Well, none of Saitek's X52 series joysticks don't have Force feedback at all. To be honest, i have no idea what the difference between them is. X52Pro sure looks less like a toy ;)
And for the EVO - there's enough buttons on it to provide basic control of a helicopter (since that's what i usually fly ;) ), but usually you'll still need to keep the keyboard in reach for more advanced commands - however that's not  a problem, at least for me. I had quite a few joysticks and i think the evo (especially the force feedback version) is a really good choice.
For the combat games, i won't be of much help, since i usually play flight simulator 2004 (civilian aircraft sim, 2DOF in FT 2.1, 6DOF in FT 2.2 beta), Commanche VS Hokum (combat helicopter simulation, 6DOF FreeTrack support), or space-sims (like Freespace - i think it has 2DOF FT support by now, I-war, StarLancer, etc.).
So you'll have to wait for recommendations from others.
rogermorse #6 18/05/2008 - 08h09

Off line

Ok i'll just try IL2 and falcon4, i used to play some other comanche many years ago, they were really good :D

But why has a non cheap joystick such as X52 no force feedback??? I don't understand.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Falcon 4 (or any other suggestion?)

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).