FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > Difficulty aligning for shooting and targeting in CFS

RSS >  Difficulty aligning for shooting and targeting in CFS
domineaux #1 04/04/2008 - 02h22

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 29/03/2008

Off line

Finally got the tracker to work.

Couldn't get it to work in Il2, but did get it to work in BOB II WOV which supports 6dof.

I built the little cateye thing and it appears to be working fine.  I bought a VX-3000 MSFT webcam and took out the IR filter.  Well, the filter broke into a couple pieces so the camera is probably worthless now except for Freetrack.

I think I got it working pretty well in the BOB II.  The problem is I don't hold my head straight all the time. So when I target other aircraft I have to align my head just perfect to take shoots. Needless to say I think this is either not right or I'm going to have to do one heck of a lot of practice.

Seems I kinda cock my head to the side more than I realize.  Then the gunsights gets all skewed out of alignment.

Then of course when I'm doing my best to get some kind of decent alignment with my aircraft and the enemy... I'm often upside down, twisting, turning, jinking, etc.  My head is just not fixed position ever...

Maybe there is a button or something I can press to center up behind the gunsite when I'm targeting.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any inputs on this.
babasior #2 04/04/2008 - 13h13

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

You can just center/recenter tracking view during game when you assign Key on Outpout Tab ... But i don't know if it's the result you want ...  :gene:

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > Difficulty aligning for shooting and targeting in CFS

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).