FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > One flight with the Mediterranean sea as a background !

RSS >  One flight with the Mediterranean sea as a background !, Photos I took in glider
didja #1 28/02/2008 - 18h57

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

Hello !!!

Some pictures I took yesterday as I was gliding above the Clape (the hill). It's in Southern France, where I live. I hope you're going to like the photos !

The one without nothing would be possible... :D  
Posted Image

Let's go...
Posted Image

...the Mediterranean sea !
Posted Image

Bages pool
Posted Image

Le canal de la Robine
Posted Image

L'étang de Leucate (the wing shows it ^^ )
Posted Image

Gruissan, its castel and its beaches
Posted Image

The steep rock of the Clape
Posted Image

Posted Image

Vinassan (left), Armissan (right) and the edge of theClape, where there are still some thermals at day's end
Posted Image

Posted Image

Narbonne and its cathedral chuch
Posted Image

See you soon...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rémy :D
Posted Image
tristan68 #2 29/02/2008 - 11h10

Electronicien en chef
Class : Electronicien en chef
Registered on : 10/07/2007

Off line

WOW  :blink:
hotshot232 #3 29/02/2008 - 16h34

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 25/02/2008

Off line

Nice pics Didja

You also a pilot?
didja #4 01/03/2008 - 00h01

Webmaster (admin)

Off line Www

Thank you ! :)

Yes, I'm a glider pilot ! :D I've been really lucky and got some scholarship then I could get my license !!! :)

I really love my place then I'm glad to share those pics. :)

Rémy
Posted Image
BlindVision #5 01/03/2008 - 13h00

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 13/02/2008

Off line Www

Rémy , that looks like an amazing Place/area to Soar.
Just seeing the pictures sent a shiver down my spine, Man i miss it  :love:  Freedom.

--You Aerotow, i never tried that (we used the Winch methode, gaining 330 meters at best).

Does'nt the SEABREASE (wind from the sea, A NOON -suntime) kill your thermals.
Is it possible to Ridge soar at the "rocks" as you refers to them.

C
R
I
S !

F.F.V.V

-What does that label/sticker mean ?.

FLY SAFE - and wear the White hat, Rémy - i envy you a little

those were the days
Posted Image
excess speed and hight, is your friend -and being a PhotoShop nerd makes it safe (original picture is under normal landing).
Edited by BlindVision on 01/03/2008 at 13h31.
support FREETRACK developers, the do it FREE for you -HELP them/yourself help others.
-another fun DIY thing to do, works with Free-Track too, HAVE A LOOK
didja #6 01/03/2008 - 14h06

Webmaster (admin)

Off line Www

Hi BlindVision ! :D

CRIS is the checklist we have to do before taking off. It means : Commandes Reglages Instrument Sécurité. And FFVV is Federation Francaise de Vol à Voile. :D

During summer, a seabrease comes from the pool :wacko: and if the wind is from the sea, it's a bad day... ^^

I aerotow and it's really funny but I guess aerowinch is pretty funnier !!!

Unfortunately, we can't ridge soar the rocks which are to irregular :wacko: but sometimes we can have some wave flights with a specific wind... and that's great !

Thank you for your nice pic ! ;)

Rémy :D :D
Posted Image
BlindVision #7 05/03/2008 - 22h46

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 13/02/2008

Off line Www

"Commandes Reglages Instrument Sécurité" say what, i dont read french  :pinch:
If i try hard to translate it i get "Rules for Instrument Safety"
"Federation Francaise de Vol à Voile" id that "French flying Federation"

Where i flew from we did not have a problem with seabrease, as i flew from the middle of denmark, and the seabrease come from both sides -as of the thermals generated were we flew. So usealy we could fly after sun down, thats not legal, and could get dangerous as i would get hard to see "depth" when landing. But it is pretty to see the sun go down from a glider   :inn:

Aerowinch, is not fun its a way of getting 330meters in less that 30 seconds, INTENSE is a better word for it. Alot can go wrong, we are of coarse taught what to do, when things go wrong. -IT FEELS like when you are going up on the first step-climb of a roller coster, just much faster, and higher.
You should try it if get the possibility (in a 2 seater).

Ridge and Wave is not possible here, as of the total lack of mountains/clifs that generates it.  :(
-but i would like to try to soar the wave.

Is there a tradtion for getting flowers/crops from the nearby area, when you have done you first solo flight, in france too?.

Come on, summer time -let the good weather start for Rémy and all other Glider pilots.
support FREETRACK developers, the do it FREE for you -HELP them/yourself help others.
-another fun DIY thing to do, works with Free-Track too, HAVE A LOOK
didja #8 06/03/2008 - 17h40

Webmaster (admin)

Off line Www

"Commandes Reglages Instrument Sécurité" say what, i dont read french  :pinch:
If i try hard to translate it i get "Rules for Instrument Safety"

It doesn't mean anything, I mean, it's not a sentence. That is "Commands" then "Set up everything" then "Instruments (check them all)" then "Safety (wind, runway in use, ...)" :)

But it is pretty to see the sun go down from a glider   :inn:

I would like to have the luck to see one in my life... and that's why I want to be an airliner pilot ! :D

Aerowinch, is not fun its a way of getting 330meters in less that 30 seconds, INTENSE is a better word for it. Alot can go wrong, we are of coarse taught what to do, when things go wrong. -IT FEELS like when you are going up on the first step-climb of a roller coster, just much faster, and higher.
You should try it if get the possibility (in a 2 seater).

There is a field where they take off with an aerowinch... Two of my classemates fly there... Maybe I will have a flight... it would be GREAT ! :D

Is there a tradtion for getting flowers/crops from the nearby area, when you have done you first solo flight, in france too?.

Usually, you just get a water bucket... Hopefullt, most solos are during the summer ! :D  :lol:

Come on, summer time -let the good weather start for Rémy and all other Glider pilots.

I hope the sun heard you ! :) :)

Rémy
Posted Image

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > One flight with the Mediterranean sea as a background !

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).